• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Are these cars worth anything?

Before I get any more inquiries from folks wanting to buy, please be aware THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE YET and I have no control over it. The convertible belongs to my girlfriend and the hard top belongs to her sister. I will post a legit for sale ad if they do come up for sale, but during this time of loss, neither the gf or her sis is wanting to make the decision of getting rid of the cars just yet. I just posted this to try and figure the value of them in order to help them decide if they want to sell and for how much WHEN they get ready. There has been more interest in these than I imagined. I'm fairly certain the convertible will be for sale, as I don't believe my gf will want to keep it, but the hardtop is 50/50. Her sister left her wedding in the hardtop years ago when it was in good shape, so she has a little more centiment toward it than the gf does toward the convertible that was left to her. We will see what they decide later on and I will create a listing if they do decide for sure to sell them.

Also, I will post back up when I get the hoods raised. :dblthumb:

I said the 66/7 were similar in looks, Galaxie is just a bigger, heavier car. I don't think anyone on here is trying to pull a Richard Rollins on JD. Unless they are 390 hi po or 428 cars they are not going to bring much. Just not real desirable cars to the general public or collectors for that matter.

3pgnebs said:
I said the 66/7 were similar in looks, Galaxie is just a bigger, heavier car. I don't think anyone on here is trying to pull a Richard Rollins on JD. Unless they are 390 hi po or 428 cars they are not going to bring much. Just not real desirable cars to the general public or collectors for that matter.

This is what I thought to begin with, I knew they weren't really top tier choice for restoration, but figured there was still a market for them. I just had no idea what they'd be worth if the time came to try and sell. I now have a ballpark idea and know that there is interest in both. So, thanks Hardline :drinkers:

Re:

Yes sir. I'd have cried big tears if you would have scrapped them. The fact is, they are 50 years old and intact. Make a mint or just a few bucks, just don't scrap them. I will drive the price up to make it worth her while not to scrap them. I can't offer RR money for them, but I am also not 1/10 of 1% as big a douche as he is either. Ask anyone that knows me :)

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Yes sir. I'd have cried big tears if you would have scrapped them. The fact is, they are 50 years old and intact. Make a mint or just a few bucks, just don't scrap them. I will drive the price up to make it worth her while not to scrap them. I can't offer RR money for them, but I am also not 1/10 of 1% as big a douche as he is either. Ask anyone that knows me :)

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Yeah more like 11/10.

Sorry for her loss. Those cars had the option of anything from 6cyl to 427 (most likely 289 or 390 car) Without knowing details either one is worth 3k -5k as they sit. Bench seat dont mean anything in these cars. A lot of these era Fords were optioned weird (or ordered that way) They were cruisers so a big block car didn't always mean bucket seats...

DirtMonkey said:
Sorry for her loss. Those cars had the option of anything from 6cyl to 427 (most likely 289 or 390 car) Without knowing details either one is worth 3k -5k as they sit. Bench seat dont mean anything in these cars. A lot of these era Fords were optioned weird (or ordered that way) They were cruisers so a big block car didn't always mean bucket seats...

Awesome, thank you! thumb.gif

Although I know I will be flamed, I was being serious. (Flame suit on). If they are two door cars I think they have some value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Are these cars worth anything?

tonedog702 said:
Although I know I will be flamed, I was being serious. (Flame suit on). If they are two door cars I think they have some value

No flaming here, I never really thought about emailing anybody like that. Makes sense, they always looking for good foundation cars to restore.

I have done work for him and Aaron. They are cool guys in person and are fairly low key. They are worth at least a phone call if you are truly just tryin to dump them

TacomaJD said:
No flaming here, I never really thought about emailing anybody like that. Makes sense, they always looking for good foundation cars to restore.

Ok, when you asked if I was being serious I thought the flame thrower was getting warmed up! Lmao

LightBnDr said:
I have done work for him and Aaron. They are cool guys in person and are fairly low key. They are worth at least a phone call if you are truly just tryin to dump them

I would in a heartbeat if they were mine to make a decision with. My goal was to just dig up some info and a round number on what they were worth, then present that to the gf and her sis and be like "what you wanna do, sell em and put money in your pocket or have to worry about storing them somewhere while they continue serving no purpose and degrading in shape......" I lack somewhat in centimental stuff, if they were mine and I never had any plan for a resto whatsoever, I'd sell em and pocket the money, regardless of the centiment. They aren't worth just sitting in the way or out in the weather because they belonged to someone you loved. Serve no purpose being there. Just the way I look at things, it be different if there were some type of plans in place to fix them up one day, but nobody that's left in their family are real car people, the kind needed to revamp these or to even care to spend any money on them.