• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ATK High Performance Engines??

I would love to, but I think it would cost way more than I want to spend.
I see you're from Monroe.
Do you have any suggestions on local places that could rebuild my engine?
I could pull it out and tear it down.

As far as engine rebuilding/machine work Robbie at Action machine is a no bullshit guy that stands by his work. He's not in Monroe but well worth the trip to Shoreline.

I'm kind of in the same boat with you (87 YJ with a 258)
I'm wondering how much of a pain it would be to drop in a 4.0 as they seem quite plentiful. From what I've read the intake from the 4.2 will go on, but you need to use a 4.0 exhaust header. I'm not sure if the distributor will swap over or not (just bought a brand new HEI for it last summer)

I've looked lustfully at those 4.6 stroker motors as well...but as someone else said...I'd V8 it before spending that much cash on a 6 banger.

T&D Machine - 425-486-8338 of Kenmore, WA! They build some serious stuff... check em out! I've gotten a few motors done there and several friends as well :awesomework:

Go to the junkyard and find a modern v-8 for under a grand. Another grand and its in. Done.

Talk to Engine Service in lake city 206-363-0330 ask for Bill Nash. Tell him Marshall refered you, they do awsome work and really know their stuff.:redneck:

I would love to, but I think it would cost way more than I want to spend.
I see you're from Monroe.
Do you have any suggestions on local places that could rebuild my engine?
I could pull it out and tear it down.

Yes, I know two folks both in Carnation.

Just use it as a core for a rebuilt through Napa or something.

Why spend excessive money on a straight six?

You might want to think about simply replacing it with a stock 4.0 liter. Its a damn good engine. That basic engine has been around since 1964 and was first used in Ramblers.

You start going bigger (as in V8) and you will start breaking stuff. Hell, with your stock engine you can break plenty of axles and U-joints.

Those in-line six cylinders are classics. There is no other engine that will happily growl along at 300 RPM (Yes 300, as in 400 rpm below idle speed) in low range, first gear any time you need it to.

The only draw back is they aint got a lot of punch at 55-65 on the free way.