• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas race case

It's to big for my space, so it's between race case and the small scs case, only thing is they have to custom make me an adapter to my C4. Which brings me to my question if anyone has had any issue at all with the race case.

throttlejunkie said:
It's to big for my space, so it's between race case and the small scs case, only thing is they have to custom make me an adapter to my C4. Which brings me to my question if anyone has had any issue at all with the race case.
I have a regular atlas in mine. I thought i destroyed it once so i called advance adapters and talked with them about getting the hd gears you can upgrade to the hd gears pretty easily but that will make your case the weakest part. So far it's still holding strong but I wish I would have went hero or lomax

throttlejunkie said:

If your worried about breaking a race case, I think you answered your own question when brought in the SCS case to the conversation. End of thread

One of my buddies has the Lomax 205. It appears to be bomb proof. I just don't have space for anything that big. I was running a Dana 300 and space for that was tight. The atlas is the next closest thing. I'm just curious if anyone has any experience with the race case version.

Most people don't have a problem with the standard case, you for the most part have to have over 500hp big stickies and not let off much ever! I broke a set of 3.8 gears but it was caused by the front bearing housing/adaptor plate thing coming loose so the gears weren't meshing correctly. I upgraded to the 3.0 finished gears also known as race or hd gears in 3.0 and never had another problem! I'm a fan of having high and low range is my problem with the straight drive cases.

Nobody was really worried about the atlas until Timmie and Bobby started breaking them, or so it seems to me. That being said, the standard cases held up well considering the EXTREME punishment they went through! If you are going to be as brutal as the bouncers and have a similar rig or setup then I would be worried and go HERO. Otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about pulling the trigger on what is supposed to be a stronger setup than the original proven case. :driving: Just my .02

When I spoke with the AA VP a few months back he said they are doing away with the universal case and improving the race case to run a larger idler shaft. Guess that wears and causing gear problems. Think it was supposed to happen end of 2016 early 2017. Said that Healy has the first one in the dragon, and that they pulled apart Healy's last case after a full year of racing and doing Milk Run and it checked out great inside. Just food for thought...

Had the same problem as al1tonyota, spend $30 and get the upgraded billet bearing support from AA (300105) and throw that cast POS in the trash.

Have there been many case fracture issues since they started having Edelbrock cast them?

After seeing Bug E J beat on his rig at RBD gives me a little more confidence in an atlas. That's what I'm planning on getting in the spring. I get a little worried it will break, and think I should pony up and get a hero, but the ol lq4 ain't putting out near the power most of the buggies have, that are running an atlas.

Dirt700 said:
After seeing Bug E J beat on his rig at RBD gives me a little more confidence in an atlas. That's what I'm planning on getting in the spring. I get a little worried it will break, and think I should pony up and get a hero, but the ol lq4 ain't putting out near the power most of the buggies have, that are running an atlas.
Ha. Glad I could help out! :drinkers:

Forbanger said:
Nobody was really worried about the atlas until Timmie and Bobby started breaking them, or so it seems to me. That being said, the standard cases held up well considering the EXTREME punishment they went through! If you are going to be as brutal as the bouncers and have a similar rig or setup then I would be worried and go HERO. Otherwise, I would think twice about pulling the trigger on what is supposed to be a stronger setup than the original proven case. :driving: Just my .02

I don't even think then people were questioning them....not until the Hero come out did the Atlas really seem to have issues "holding up".

Truth! :****: You've got to have balls the size of Texas to break a standard Atlas case.

Forbanger said:
Nobody was really worried about the atlas until Timmie and Bobby started breaking them, or so it seems to me. That being said, the standard cases held up well considering the EXTREME punishment they went through! If you are going to be as brutal as the bouncers and have a similar rig or setup then I would be worried and go HERO. Otherwise, I would think twice about pulling the trigger on what is supposed to be a stronger setup than the original proven case. :driving: Just my .02