• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Atlas race case

Beerj said:
Which atlas do you have? Upgrades?
Stock right now 3.0 2 speed. I have had cable issues 2 times and though I blew the gears both times. I put the non cable shifters in and have had no problems.
Blew yukon shafts lp 60 gears 70 gears and a lp 60 housing twice. Atlas still hanging in. I would still rather have a lomax but at the time I needed passanger drop.

BUG-E J said:
Stock right now 3.0 2 speed. I have had cable issues 2 times and though I blew the gears both times. I put the non cable shifters in and have had no problems.
Blew yukon shafts lp 60 gears 70 gears and a lp 60 housing twice. Atlas still hanging in. I would still rather have a lomax but at the time I needed passanger drop.
I thought all the lowmax cases were passenger drop?

croes said:
When I spoke with the AA VP a few months back he said they are doing away with the universal case and improving the race case to run a larger idler shaft. Guess that wears and causing gear problems. Think it was supposed to happen end of 2016 early 2017. Said that Healy has the first one in the dragon, and that they pulled apart Healy's last case after a full year of racing and doing Milk Run and it checked out great inside. Just food for thought...

Had the same problem as al1tonyota, spend $30 and get the upgraded billet bearing support from AA (300105) and throw that cast POS in the trash.

Have there been many case fracture issues since they started having Edelbrock cast them?

Does AA have a separate p/n for this billet front output bearing retainer? I've heard that this is a good mod to do, just cant find the part or anything about it on AA's website..

BUG-E J said:
Good to hear. Thanks

fabricator1 said:
I thought all the lowmax cases were passenger drop?
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they told me they could do a ford at the time but not the chevy style. It was awhile back when I was looking. The hero had just started the testing phase and twf wouldn't even price me one.

I just googled it and your right. Maybe it was another case I looked at? I can't remember but the lomax still shows out of stock on the website

tallnate said:
Does AA have a separate p/n for this billet front output bearing retainer? I've heard that this is a good mod to do, just cant find the part or anything about it on AA's website..

Part number is the same, they just discontinued the cast version. Its not on the website.

OLD
2301225d1466429042-project-playin-my-willys-img_5786.jpg

NEW
65c8081a44a2fb52512cc2a3be1c95a7.jpg

I went ahead and ordered this new billet bearing retainer today. For anyone else interested in doing this, you'll need to order the plug, bolts and shims for this part as well.

retainer p/n 300105
plug p/n 300495
shims p/n 300105S
bolts p/n 301401

Beerj said:
Actually, I don't see anything on mine that looks like that. :dunno:
Is that on the back side of the front output?

Yes it's on the back side of the case behind the front output. It replaces the cast part on the right in this pic.

Attachments

• Atlas.jpg
    Atlas.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 110
Beerj said:
Guess mine is a little different. I believe this is the case that can be swapped driver to passenger drop.

Yeah, that's the new style case. From talking to AA there isn't much cost difference at all between the "race" version anyhow. If you add the 32 spline outputs. So far I haven't talked to anyone that can beat Dave's Offroad's price. Where did you get yours?

I got mine from A to Z fabrication. They're somewhat local. 300M 32 spline outputs with 1410 yokes, cable shifters, th400 adapter and 1" spacer. Don't quote me but I wanna say it was roughly 3200 shipped.

tallnate said:
retainer p/n 300105 $28.53
plug p/n 300495 $1.68
shims p/n 300105S $8.78
bolts p/n 301401 $1.75

Final cost with tax and shipping was $54.27

Far cheaper and less time consuming than spending $600+ and time to swap gears.