• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ATTN all camper owners with POS generators!! Read here!!

kushKrawlin

So , for anyone that has a camper, I gotta ask. When your generator sounds like a mothefukin VW rail buggy, with a rusted out muffler, I always wonder ... do ya hear it at night While u sleep inside ?? Man there's a HUGE part of me that wants to tip toe over and do you and everyone else a favor by pouring water in that bitch's gastAnk!! It's Fukin 2016 for fawks sake. Hell, Chads got a generator that sounds like a fart and will power his whole camper. Ya gotta know everyone wants to burn your **** when you set up a loud ass motor to run all night. Was just curious and wanted to ask .. For some reason I just keep wakin up. Sleep tight .................... Assblood :flipper:

water in the gas tank takes too long, cresent wrench tap on the spark plug is much more soothing......... 8)

Most generators installed in campers/motorhomes are reasonably quite. Mine is a diesel and is real quite. It's the ones people bring from home/job site that drive you crazy. We are camping now with full hook ups and the neighbor next door's electric breaker went bad and he runs his at night. From in my motor home, I don't even know it.

Eddyj said:
Actually it drones out all the retards up at 4am walking around and talking all night.
Funny u say that. "No sleep till Brooklyn" started at about midnight.. Then the rest of the beasty boys cd. Followed by country music. Hahah. Wasn't extremely loud tho.. Well it prob was but their generator drowned it out like you said ...
Oh and also I would like to say, PROPANE BLOWS BALLS. Next person to ask "why in the world are you gonna take this motor out?" ... Now you know... Can get gas right now no problem... But I NEED propane ... Yea, so awesome.

Re:

We had one couple of weeks ago about 3 sites up from us that's sounded like a fawkin top fuel dragster all nite!! I wanter to hook a truck to it with a 100' strap and see how far it would fly when I got the slack out of the strap in the top side of second!!

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Dammit. Steven broady just got up and going. I been eyeballing his propane tanks for a wile. Got stoned and started messin with y'all now he's up. Missed my Chance. Dam me!!! Early bird does indeed get the worm. ****.

I run a Cheap Tractor Supply Generator in the toterhome. No one comes and complains to me. I like it being loud so it drones out the RZRs driving around until 3am at every event we go to. :dblthumb:

Re: ATTN all camper owners with POS generators!! Read here!!

The ones near us were pretty damn loud this weekend. I was so tired it didn't ever bother me though. If I had a semi normal sleep schedule though it would have kept me up all night.

I carry a 100' heavy duty extension cord and will go and hand it to them. They always give me that 'What the ****" look. I tell them to either move it 100' away from me or move. They usually understand. The worse one and I have not mentioned it to them is the SRRS Barbecue guys. And they run it all night long when they are not there, guess for their refrigeration. If you are in camp with me, most just connect to my 10kw genset.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I run a Cheap Tractor Supply Generator in the toterhome. No one comes and complains to me. I like it being loud so it drones out the RZRs driving around until 3am at every event we go to. :dblthumb:

Eddyj said:
Actually it drones out all the retards up at 4am walking around and talking all night.

This is illogical logic. Why create sound OUTSIDE your sleeping area to make you sleep better? You can turn on a fan, a stereo, or there are white noise machines that you can use INSIDE.

To unnecessarily distrub your neighbors is just wrong. Get your noise under control.

I have a diesel genset in house trailer and my cargo trailer I have a 2000 suitcase generec witch is quiter than most. My comment was more geared towards I would rather listen to the hum of a gen over drunk idiots on Rzr with gangster rap playing at 4:23am.

However I'm in full agreement on the harbor freight gen with a lose exhaust shield.

Eddyj said:
I have a diesel genset in house trailer and my cargo trailer I have a 2000 suitcase generec witch is quiter than most. My comment was more geared towards I would rather listen to the hum of a gen over drunk idiots on Rzr with gangster rap playing at 4:23am.

However I'm in full agreement on the harbor freight gen with a lose exhaust shield.

Let's not leave out the idiots with LS motors playing rev limiter chicken all night with open headers! I swear this was a real thing at RBD this year. Who will hold their **** on the limiter in park the longest. At 3 am.

And Julio yelling about that generator at shamrock all night was the funniest **** I've witnessed in a long time.

I swear I may as well be running open headers. I've got exhaust and mufflers and my **** is loud as hell. Holding a motor at rev limiter........hmm. Give em my number. I'll sell em a replacement.

LOL.....folks wonder why I don't like camping. They have these things called hotels. Indoor pools....perfect climate control....room service....no generators....no dumb hillbillies....

It's that can't hide money lifestyle I guess. 8)

tonybolton said:
LOL.....folks wonder why I don't like camping.

What people do at offroad parks is not camping. Camping is going out in the wilderness, pitching a tent, sleeping there, roughing it, enjoying wildlife and nature.

At offroad parks you are just temporarily being homeless in a dirt parking lot.

Some bring a home with them to the dirt lot. Also not camping. That is temporarily bringing your home to a dirt lot.

I enjoy camping. I do not enjoy being homeless in dirt lots. If I wanted to loose more sleep I would just work the weekend.