Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 14 Bolt with Shave!!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2 1/2 Ton Rockwells

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other???? And WHY??

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Before you go off buying new axles. I think you should find out what is wrong with the current 60. I think the housing is bent.

Or the bearing surfaces are machined wrong and the people who set up the gears didn't catch it... but we've been over that many times already.

Honestly Rick, I think you should just get a low pinion 60 or a low pinion 9 inch and throw it in with the right gears and some upgraded shafts if you feel like spending money. a 14 bolt or a D70 or some other humongoid axle is absolutely pointless with 35's. I wouldn't run a 14 bolt or a D70 unless I was running at a MINIMUM 38's.

You're letting a bad luck experience with a turd housing and/or bad gear setup make you think you need to spend a whole bunch of money on this. You don't. Tons of guys are running 35 inch or larger tires on stock low pinion D60's and 9"ers out there, with no trouble at all.

Heck, I run 36" TSL's on a bone stock rear Wagoneer D44 with a spool, and the gear setup in it is only the 2nd one I'd ever done at that point (the first was the front axle), and I've yet to have a problem with tons of street driven miles and even more offroad abuse.

Just put it into perspective before you go blowing a big chunk of cash that could be spent elsewhere and make you a whole lot happier. :D

Yeah, you could get a 9 inch for ~$100. Gears, install kit and locker for ~$1000 bracket kit from more for $300 + welding ~$100. Upgraded shafts if you want them for ~$500.

That's right about $2000 or so. Sell that Tera 60 for $2500 and that will leave you with $500 for beer and hookers.

I beat the ever living piss out of my rear 8.8 with 35s. It hasn't gone boom.......

Yeah, you could get a 9 inch for ~$100. Gears, install kit and locker for ~$1000 bracket kit from more for $300 + welding ~$100. Upgraded shafts if you want them for ~$500.

That's right about $2000 or so. Sell that Tera 60 for $2500 and that will leave you with $500 for beer and hookers.

I beat the ever living piss out of my rear 8.8 with 35s. It hasn't gone boom.......

But it's still a c-clip axle:mad:

Before you go off buying new axles. I think you should find out what is wrong with the current 60. I think the housing is bent.

Karl,
Yep I just got off the phone with the guy who setup my front axle. Even though it is going to cost me more I am going to take the axle to him and have him do the gears. First Bobby is going to Heat treat & Cryo them. So maybe by 1 Nov I'll be back on the road again. And yes he is going to check the housing.

Rick