Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 14 Bolt with Shave!!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2 1/2 Ton Rockwells

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other???? And WHY??

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
That price is dumb. You can get a brand new complete iron RockJockIII with ARB from Currie for about $3500.

I'd like to see a RockJockII with the same stuff in my axle for $3500.

From Currie site.

RockJock 60 Rearend Options
*Prices are estimates only and subject to change.

**Currie Performance Axle Package CE-0012 is required

Housing:$999.9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Axle Pkg:$449.95
Carrier:$879.95
Gears:$259.95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup Kit:$125.95
SU Labor:$174.95

Brakes:$459.95
Cover:$49.95
Yoke:$59.95

Options:$599.9

Assembly:$49.95

Total:$4110.35
+CURRIE PERFORMANCE AXLE PACKAGE

Our Price: $449.95

Last edited:
What is the "Options: $599.90"?

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/builderrj60.aspx?id=2753&p=999.9000

I get $3510 for a RockJock III with ARB, 5.13s, 5x4.5 Explorer discs, steel cover and 1310 yoke. So the only difference between your price and mine is the "Options" you added.

1350 Yoke
TJ Brackets
5 on 5.5 Explorer
And what ever else. All this is what is on MY axle. But you are right it is close in price. They have gone down since I searched a few years ago.

The different yokes and brakes are the same price either way, so the only difference is the brackets. Weird the currie is charging $599 for TJ brackets, most places are about $275 for the bracket kit. Anyway, I wouldn't have posted this in the first place, but I didn't realize that was your craigslist add. I didn't think that was your Jeep since the nth degree trusss thing isn't in the pictures. Sorry.

The different yokes and brakes are the same price either way, so the only difference is the brackets. Weird the currie is charging $599 for TJ brackets, most places are about $275 for the bracket kit. Anyway, I wouldn't have posted this in the first place, but I didn't realize that was your craigslist add. I didn't think that was your Jeep since the nth degree trusss thing isn't in the pictures. Sorry.

Ben no big deal. And a TJ bracket kit from say RE is around $400 I think. If someone wants to pay me for that rear axle I'll be glad to sell it and start over.

Axles = $250 for both
Brakes complete both sides = $200 (and that's a high estimate)
Axle tube = $90
Wheel bearings & seals = $100 (again, on the high estimate side)
9" housing = $100 (just for arguments sake at Pull-a-part)
D60 FF spindles & hubs = $100 (just for arguments sake at Pull-a-part)
R&P = $250 (internet price)
Detroit = $512 (internet price)
Install kit = $100 (internet price)
Strange Nodular 3rd = $395 (internet price)
Truss = $76 (internet price)
Pinion support & pinion = $200

Total = $2373

Full float 9" rear with 35 spline axles, disc brakes.

The prices above are higher than what I paid being that the housings were essentially free.

What would the cost be on the same axle but from Dynatrac?

I know doing a low pinion 60 may be less $$$ being that the housing is only a $100 and there's no need for the extar $$$ for the 3rd.

Total = $2373

Full float 9" rear with 35 spline axles, disc brakes.

Don't forget to get add on some $$$ for new wheels and converting the front axle to match that 8-lug full floater rear. Or add on some more money if you want to build a custom 5x5.5 floater instead of the 8 lugger.

I would go with Rockwells they are not that heavy only a little bit more than a built D60/14B set and a better axle and a lower cost :awesomework: Oh yeah and better clearence when shaved

I will get a set again at some point :beer: :beer:

Just for compairison.

Dynatrac.
Jeep TJ - Dynatrac Trail Series 60 Rear Axle w/ARB Air Locker

Quantity in Basket: None
Code: JP60-4001-S
Price: $4,369.00

Choose Gear Ratio: 3.73 4.10 4.56 4.88 5.13 5.38
Select Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4.5" 5 on 5.5"
Braided Stainless Steel
Brake Hose Kit - 10" Short Lines ($109)
Custom Bent Hard Brake Lines ($109)
Torco GL-6 Gear Oil, 4 Quarts ($25)

Quantity:

NOTE: This axle is set up for Jeep TJ 1997-2006 with an ARB Air Locker. All standard equipment listed below is included in base price. You will be contacted by a Dynatrac staff member once order is placed. Please allow approx. 2 weeks to gear and ship this axle.

Estimate Shipping Cost

There is simply no better complete axle assembly for the money to put underneath your TJ. The Dynatrac Trail Series 60 is ready to bolt under your Jeep right out of the crate. The Trail Sereis 60 features the same quality Dynatrac components found in our Pro Series 60 complete rear axles providing the performance and confidence you expect from Dynatrac. Stop repairing that Dana 35 or 44 because the Trail Series 60 is here!

When you've wheeled for maybe a few years...or maybe in your case, a few days you'll learn a little more :fawkdancesmiley:

I've been wheeling a little longer than we have known eachother, no I don't have 800 year's of experience, prior to my recent (very long) downtime, I wheeled for a solid 5 years. And in the last 2 I have been more involved than 99% of people on here, it's all of you guy's lives there is no disputing that, but this is how I make my living and spend my free time, I live and breathe 4 wheeling and though my experience isn't as much as your's, I've been a few places and seen a few thing's. You're continuous big headedness get's pretty old really, were all here for the fun, you are here for the cool guy trophy.

I've been wheeling a little longer than we have known eachother, no I don't have 800 year's of experience, prior to my recent (very long) downtime, I wheeled for a solid 5 years. And in the last 2 I have been more involved than 99% of people on here, it's all of you guy's lives there is no disputing that, but this is how I make my living and spend my free time, I live and breathe 4 wheeling and though my experience isn't as much as your's, I've been a few places and seen a few thing's. You're continuous big headedness get's pretty old really, were all here for the fun, you are here for the cool guy trophy.

:masturbanana[1]:

Just for the record...I've never seen you wheel...spot maybe...and just becuase you work at S&N doesn't mean crappola. Although I'm sure you taught them both everything they know :awesomework:

I know what I know because I've been doing this for a lot longer than you. It's a pretty simple concept really, I believe it's called experience :haha:

:masturbanana[1]:

Just for the record...I've never seen you wheel...spot maybe...and just becuase you work at S&N doesn't mean crappola. Although I'm sure you taught them both everything they know :awesomework:

I know what I know because I've been doing this for a lot longer than you. It's a pretty simple concept really, I believe it's called experience :haha:

Just for the record, you have wheeled with me, it's been so many year's your old mind cant think back that far. Where I work doesn't mean a damn thing, right, and when did I or anybody else say it did? I havent taught anybody a damn thing, never claimed to.

I know what I know because I have been doing this for a pretty long time too, it's more or less all I have done.

Before you go off buying new axles. I think you should find out what is wrong with the current 60. I think the housing is bent.