• 14 Bolt with Shave!!

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • 2 1/2 Ton Rockwells

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other???? And WHY??

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
This whole sport isn't cheap no matter what you do
I quit playing cheap a few years back and so far that has treated me quite well...

that's the name of the game, an lp 60 will be stronger, a dynarape 60 will be the better performer, but at a cost.

609's are not the hot ticket, the benefit's are better clearence for the buck, cheaper parts, and being able to say you have a "hybrid" axle. The bad, super low pinion, weaker gears, weaker housing, not as good of clearence as a prorape, and oddball parts.

A True Hi-9 (Rear) was mentioned.

Just say no...

If it's only a trailer queen, go for it as it's a great unit. But if it sees any highway the Hi-9 isn't the right product. On the road they're noisy and don't lube well.

Dynatrac ProRock 60 (high pinion)

Custom housing was designed for high lubrication in a high pinion. Heavy reinforced ribs for strength. Widely used. Good customer service. Great ground clearance. There are probably a dozen guys here running them and I've yet to hear a bad word.

T

Hugely overpriced for what you're getting.

The bad, super low pinion, weaker gears, weaker housing, not as good of clearence as a prorape, and oddball parts.

Super low pinion...never had an issue...neither did Mauler or Tom L.

Weaker Gears...please explain, my 9" gears are stronger than a low pinion 60 gear of equal ratio.

Weaker housing...tuna cans will only go so far

Clearance...the housing is easily cut for more clearance...no extra money involved.

Oddball parts...I don't quite understand that one, there's nothing custom on my 9" rear that I can't find at Napa or Randy's R&P.

If driveline angles are not an issue then just go with low-pinion 60 or 9 or ???.

Anything High Pinion just adds $$$...which is great for bling if that's your reason for building a rig...

Please define "performer"

Do you mean draw a bigger crowd for the dog and pony strokefest show?

Performer: (v) One who performs the job with better results.

As in, this Dynatrack Axle has a high clearance housing so that you don't get hung up with that boat anchor you've already got, with them little 35 inch tires.

As in, this Dynatrack Axle has a higher pinion, so that the rear driveline angularity won't create vibrations while cruising down the highway at 80 mph.

As in, this Dynatrack was custom designed for high lubrication, so that it may be used at freeway speeds and still properly lube the pinion bearings.

As in, this Dynatrack has extra reinforcements to prevent bending and breaking of the casting.

As in, this Dynatrack has a heavy duty cover to prevent being bashed while boulder bashing

etc, etc,

Now, I'm not saying you can't do all those with a low pinion, wrecking yard, 60, as you probably can. It's just unquestionable with the Dynatrack.

Furthermore, a bare Dynatrack housing isn't that spendy! It's only when you buy a front, or get it all custom assembled by Dynatrack that it'll add up a little.

And Jobless, do you drive yours down the highway? I spent a week in Montana last year, driving 80 mph in my YJ.

Last edited:
And Jobless, do you drive yours down the highway? I spent a week in Montana last year, driving 80 mph in my YJ.

Use too, back when it "looked" a little more street legal.

My vehicles drivetrain...axles, R&P ratios, tire size, motor, tranny and t-case are the same now as they were when it was a daily driver.

80mph...is that all, that's only 4th gear for me :corn:

I don't remember saying anything about maintenance :rolleyes:

I said strong...and besides, my 9 requires no more maintenance then your brand name rear.

How many times have you tore yours down? Thats maintanance

Arguing over whos diff is better is like a bunch of 3rd graders agruing over who's marbles are better :rolleyes:

Run what you brung--thats what matters.