• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back door shoot out

That thing fell the **** apart. Hell, I can't even hot glue two Popsicle sticks together, but this video makes you think something was already cracked or there was some shitty work done somewhere :dunno:

5BrothersFabrication said:
You know the green rear engine buggy that went in the last 5 or so? That was Chicky Barton's old buggy, finished 3rd in KoH last year. Was hoping he would run the shootout in a rental. He asked me a couple months ago where he could pick up a bouncer chassis, so maybe... :fish:

That's Shawn fisher's now (syko on here). That things badass. Somewhere on here there's a video of it popping a wheelie.

Looks like the lowers may have given way first and allow the driveshaft to pull out or break. Really hard to tell in the video though.

Saw a pic on stalker book of Matt with a Raceline trophy, I guess he won best of show? That was pretty awesome driving it out with the ass draggin. I know we were all hollering in the house when it happened.

STROKERYOTA said:
the rig looked like it was having chassis problems b4 he spit the drive shaft out, watch the video closely

Yep, I noticed that too. I really hope that is thinner than .120. Other than my links and direct frame-tie ins underneath, my buggy is .120. :-\ It honestly looks thinner but you just never know when looking at pics.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Ok, just watched the video, looks like .083-.095 dirt track ****. Should have known that **** would rip on a bouncer.

It does look thin in the vid, but I have to think its .120. No one in their right mind would do .095 on a rig like that :eek: On a cross bar, that will be a mount point for lower links, I dont feel comfortable doing anything less than .188 with good bracing, on a big tire/HP rig...so much force there.