• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Baddest Trail Rig in the Southeast.

CHASMAN9 said:
What would be the criteria of the competition if this was to happen? I do like the idea of just a group on a random trail at some park and let loose like old school days. :dunno:

ADMINISTRATOR

I think the criteria is that if a guy says it's a trail rig, let him in. Most guys that race aren't gonna want to bring their race rigs out for something like this and it would be pretty obvious. The problem with saying "no racing" is some guys have raced their trail rigs. Clint rides his rig all over Hawk Pride on a regular basis and has races it a couple of times. You have raced your trail rig before right?

money_pit_yj said:
I think the criteria is that if a guy says it's a trail rig, let him in. Most guys that race aren't gonna want to bring their race rigs out for something like this and it would be pretty obvious. The problem with saying "no racing" is some guys have raced their trail rigs. Clint rides his rig all over Hawk Pride on a regular basis and has races it a couple of times. You have raced your trail rig before right?

That would be exactly my approach, not a race, but more of a set of guidelines to go by. You would have to choose something from all aspects of offroading, crawling, bouncing, mudding, comfort, and reliability. A booze cruiser that can handle some steep terrain and a bouncer that you'd drive your momma to church in and something built, not bought. I have definitely raced my trail rigs before and currently transforming my race rig to a more trail friendly buggy.

ADMINISTRATOR

I think I do...but thats my own opinion :stir: :fish:

We have played a game before on trips where you take a pile of cones out to a rock garden with a handful of lines (think, the moon at GAP - or the rock gardens at AOP) and you draw numbers. It cant be a massive garden or the game goes on forever. First guy goes through and wheels it. Once he gets out the top, he can place a cone anywhere in the garden. The next guy cannot put a tire within 5 feet (or 3 feet or whatever depending on the size of the garden) of that cone. When he gets through, he can place his cone. Etc etc on down the line.

It gets really fun once there are a pile of cones out there and people are having to make up crazy lines to get through.

Luke and i were talking about something similar to this yesterday. In our group that always rides together just picking a random trail and racing up it, making a trophy of some sort for the winner.

kmcminn said:
I would say as long as it doesn't get raced.

If you enter a race in order to find who has the baddest trail rig, doesn't this make your trail rig a race rig now ?

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

slravenel said:

We have played a game before on trips where you take a pile of cones out to a rock garden with a handful of lines (think, the moon at GAP - or the rock gardens at AOP) and you draw numbers. It cant be a massive garden or the game goes on forever. First guy goes through and wheels it. Once he gets out the top, he can place a cone anywhere in the garden. The next guy cannot put a tire within 5 feet (or 3 feet or whatever depending on the size of the garden) of that cone. When he gets through, he can place his cone. Etc etc on down the line.

It gets really fun once there are a pile of cones out there and people are having to make up crazy lines to get through.

That is awesome ! laughing1

slravenel said:

I thought about that. Bringing a bunch of cones and setting up gates to go through. Just a mini comp. I like the adding of cones idea.

If you set up cones, isn't it considered a comp????? Kidding, it sounds like it could be a good time.

IMO, I like how the Red Dot guys, some of the AZ guys, Justin Keilman, etc. just go out and wheel with their buddies and bust some nasty trails. Some of them are virgin ground or not many have made it type trails. The whole Trail Breaker idea is cool to me.

Unfortunately, it seems like on the east coast, all we get are "bounty hill" climbs. Personally, I'm not into it. Big rocks, nasty trails, sign me up.

Probably whichever one has the most internet horsepower.

It's amazing what these guys are getting out of a 6.0 these days. 1,000+ internet horsepower if I'm not mistaken.

Probably could teach some of these pro race shop engine builders how to step up their game.

kmcminn said:
Cones are for ice cream. I'm talking go hit a bunch of trails and "take the hardline"

Ok, so what park would have the best terrain for something like this? Just asking for opinions.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Ok, so what park would have the best terrain for something like this? Just asking for opinions.

GMP and Hawk Pride have some of the nastiest obstacles I've ever seen.

I'd add a time challenge at the end of the day, in the night, to go back to camp. Find your way back to the fire.

I'd also add a "rollover challenge". Judged on style, speed and precision. People would be fighting for 2nd place since we all know kcmcminn can't be beat at this game.

I'd be in for a tag along. Mines not the best but I'd definitely like to see all the different rigs out there. Pick a place and a date and let's get this thing going for sure!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bebop said:
GMP and Hawk Pride have some of the nastiest obstacles I've ever seen.

I'd add a time challenge at the end of the day, in the night, to go back to camp. Find your way back to the fire.

I'd also add a "rollover challenge". Judged on style, speed and precision. People would be fighting for 2nd place since we all know kcmcminn can't be beat at this game.

Enzo, no one cares about any French winch competition. You better ask Jake if you can talk to us about this... :flipoff1: