• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Baddest Trail Rig in the Southeast.

Bebop said:
GMP and Hawk Pride have some of the nastiest obstacles I've ever seen.

I'd add a time challenge at the end of the day, in the night, to go back to camp. Find your way back to the fire.

I'd also add a "rollover challenge". Judged on style, speed and precision. People would be fighting for 2nd place since we all know kcmcminn can't be beat at this game.
Either of those parks would be great for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
Enzo, no one cares about any French winch competition. You better ask Jake if you can talk to us about this... :flipoff1:

Did I hurt your feelings ? :D

A good winch challenge rig with a good team would absolutely dominate a race like that. This is literally what they're built for.

Funny how the thread about trail rigs immediately got derailed into comps and challenges. Kind of nonsensical don't you think? Any trail ride that involves challenges you can 100% count me out. **** that. Thanks for the shout-outs anyone that mentioned my rig. All I will say is that it has a toolbox that holds a full-size bag of tools and a cooler rack that secures my cooler which can hold 30 beers and 20lbs of ice. It is also comfortable to ride in all day, doesn't overheat and can go all weekend without refueling.

kmcminn said:
Enzo, no one cares about any French winch competition. You better ask Jake if you can talk to us about this... :flipoff1:

:rolf:

Bebop said:
Did I hurt your feelings ? :D

A good winch challenge rig with a good team would absolutely dominate a race like that. This is literally what they're built for.

Would be the first thing the French have ever won ;D :driving:

wizzo said:
If you set up cones, isn't it considered a comp????? Kidding, it sounds like it could be a good time.

IMO, I like how the Red Dot guys, some of the AZ guys, Justin Keilman, etc. just go out and wheel with their buddies and bust some nasty trails. Some of them are virgin ground or not many have made it type trails. The whole Trail Breaker idea is cool to me.

Unfortunately, it seems like on the east coast, all we get are "bounty hill" climbs. Personally, I'm not into it. Big rocks, nasty trails, sign me up.

My favorite wheeling too.

We used to ride like that down in Wilder. Find a dry wash full of nasty rocks that ran up the mountain and run it till you hit the next logging road. Usually turned into a winch fest, but it's a good time with 2-3 rigs.

That's how most of the trails at GMP got established.

And I believe if a person/group were so inclined, you could get the OK to do that at Windrock or Black Mountain(Harlan).

redneckengineered said:
Funny how the thread about trail rigs immediately got derailed into comps and challenges. Kind of nonsensical don't you think? Any trail ride that involves challenges you can 100% count me out. **** that. Thanks for the shout-outs anyone that mentioned my rig. All I will say is that it has a toolbox that holds a full-size bag of tools and a cooler rack that secures my cooler which can hold 30 beers and 20lbs of ice. It is also comfortable to ride in all day, doesn't overheat and can go all weekend without refueling.

:rolf:

This is in the dictionary as the definition of trail rig... true story.

Bebop said:
GMP and Hawk Pride have some of the nastiest obstacles I've ever seen.

I'd add a time challenge at the end of the day, in the night, to go back to camp. Find your way back to the fire.

I'd also add a "rollover challenge". Judged on style, speed and precision. People would be fighting for 2nd place since we all know kcmcminn can't be beat at this game.

Ok, so this has gone the wrong way than I was intending. This is not about the gnarliest hill challenge nor the prettiest in the Burger King line. This would be about what you happen to come across and what is in front of you and who is there with there VEHICLE at that time. No money, just guts and glory and a tall frosty Barley pop for the winners!!! We all know that Redneckengineered is skeered but Old Tennessee Mojo isn't, maybe she'll be up for some trail riding. :flipoff1: Every day would be a different challenge with a different outcome, just some old school beaters doing what they do best.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Ok, so this has gone the wrong way than I was intending. This is not about the gnarliest hill challenge nor the prettiest in the Burger King line. This would be about what you happen to come across and what is in front of you and who is there with there VEHICLE at that time. No money, just guts and glory and a tall frosty Barley pop for the winners!!! We all know that Redneckengineered is skeered but Old Tennessee Mojo isn't, maybe she'll be up for some trail riding. :flipoff1: Every day would be a different challenge with a different outcome, just some old school beaters doing what they do best.

ADMINISTRATOR

Bingo. Look at Two G Gregg coming through with a coherent post.

B.DRAKE said:
I think I gotta pretty good trail rig molaugh not a powerhouse though lol

I have been told your rig is a "Climb All" machine. Bring it to stoney this weekend and let's see her in action.

ADMINISTRATOR

"Welcome to trail riding, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter! Let's get started"

I could put dual Gigglepins, 4 mechman alternators and 6 batteries on a stock s10 and take it up Rattle Rock faster than most people, but that don't make it a trail rig!

kmcminn said:
Bingo. Look at Two G Gregg coming through with a coherent post.

You fix can stupid. Right? Thanks to my Evelyn Woodhead Speed reading comprehension videos, I'll pass second grade suun. :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

What's being called the baddest "trail" rig is what used to be known as a good day in the woods.
This was the objective on every trail, but really is a measure of driver and seat time, not the "rig"

MY old saying was "TC where you at" :flipoff1:

matlock said:
What's being called the baddest "trail" rig is what used to be known as a good day in the woods.
This was the objective on every trail, but really is a measure of driver and seat time, not the "rig"

MY old saying was "TC where you at" :flipoff1:

Exactly

lets define a trail,
How long distance/time to complete justifies a trail vs an obstacle?
Are access roads part of a trail?
At the end of a trail there should be a goal? IE scenic look out, historic point of interest, Monica

CHASMAN9 said:
I have been told your rig is a "Climb All" machine. Bring it to stoney this weekend and let's see her in action.

ADMINISTRATOR

Idk about all that lol but I'll have to catch you next time bud, I'm headed to hunting club

TBItoy said:
I could put dual Gigglepins, 4 mechman alternators and 6 batteries on a stock s10 and take it up Rattle Rock faster than most people, but that don't make it a trail rig!

What does then ?

What's a Trail rig ?

Latest posts