• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Batman Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynajeep

Ok my point isn't to bash "The batman buggy" I don't know him personally but seems like alot of guys in the srrs like him. Ive read all the batshit will threads and never commented on it. I follow him on the book of faces and I see that he breaks every time he goes out :****:

it always seems to be his front axle shafts (300m rcv) My question or concern I guess is when is rcv going to tell him to get bent and upgrade your junk?

IMO the problem is the dodge amc front it is running hub unit bearings and a 43" tire!

Rcv is one of the most stand up companies in the offroad market! Not sure how long they will keep warrantying the same shafts over and over but they try their best to take care of their customers!

Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
He has 300m rcv or needs them? Post isn't clear.

I've read that they are 300m but not positive on that. I agree with the whole dodge setup... I even mentioned to him that he should check to make sure his spindles and everything are still true. Those 300m rcv's don't just snap like that, has to have a bind or getting some serious deflection in there or something.

Couldn't agree more on rcv being a stand up company

I have watched a few videos and told him a time or 2 that his front end hops to much.

"I'm not bashing on Batman, but he may be an idiot." is the way I read that.

Attachments

• Futurama Fry.jpg
    Futurama Fry.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 621
Neal3000 said:
Why would unit bearings cause his axleshafts to break?

I was going to ask the same thing ...

... but then I figured why inject logic into a Batman thread.

It's those super smooth riding ORIs... :stir:

Or the fact that the Dodge axle is 33 spline on the outer, and has a SUPER short stub shaft.

(I'm not sure what part of the axle he is breaking, but I'd assume that it was the tiny stub...)

Mortalis5509 said:
Left off the gas when coming down would help.

Can't win by lifting laughing1

I saw a picture on FB this morning of hire tire and knuckle sitting on his roof with the r/f corner of the axle sitting on the ground. I'm not sure how the Dodge UB's work but it seems that was the genesis of this thread. I'm trying to find the pic now and can't seem to.

patooyee said:
I saw a picture on FB this morning of hire tire and knuckle sitting on his roof with the r/f corner of the axle sitting on the ground. I'm not sure how the Dodge UB's work but it seems that was the genesis of this thread. I'm trying to find the pic now and can't seem to.

They are like jeep units (or fwd car units), the stub has threads on the end and a big nut. The stub is what holds the unit bearing together.

TBItoy said:
They are like jeep units (or fwd car units), the stub has threads on the end and a big nut. The stub is what holds the unit bearing together.

Ah, so stub break, UB comes apart, wheel falls off. That would suck, especially given the stub dimensions that you listed.

Not sure on the spline count but really short and the stub holds the unit bearing together!

Question me? :gtfo: ( that's a joke)

TBItoy said:
It's those super smooth riding ORIs... :stir:

Or the fact that the Dodge axle is 33 spline on the outer, and has a SUPER short stub shaft.

(I'm not sure what part of the axle he is breaking, but I'd assume that it was the tiny stub...)

Can't win by lifting laughing1

Nick.. Why bud? why? I ain't never seen a post by u I didn't agree with, or one that made me almost say GD, which Is a no no with me ... Until now. Them shits ain't the reason and you know it! It anyone knows u do dammit! Has to be link set up right? I have seen rigs on cable hill bouncing like crazy and Wondered why in the hell it bounced so bad. I always figured them badass coil overs needed "tuning" again. Haha.

al1tonyota said:
IMO the problem is the dodge amc front it is running hub unit bearings and a 43" tire!

Rcv is one of the most stand up companies in the offroad market! Not sure how long they will keep warrantying the same shafts over and over but they try their best to take care of their customers!
Let me buy a set of axles for 2000+ dollars with a LIFETIME warranty and them tell me I can't get Em fixed. **** on that. You can bet I would get to see RCV's place of business. :****: I have asked my buddy several times about the dodge 60, can't remember what he told me the reason was they sucked balls but according to bk. they do. Why are they less desirable and much cheaper again??

patooyee said:
Ah, so stub break, UB comes apart, wheel falls off. That would suck, especially given the stub dimensions that you listed.

Yep. Terrible setup.

Good new for him is that (assuming he is running a Dodge 60, and not a AAM 9.25)... Is that the inner C's are the "same" as all the pre-05 Ford BJ knuckles, so he COULD swap to either fixed spindle knuckles or 99-04 UB knuckles and get real stubs that won't **** the bed when you push em.

kushKrawlin said:
Nick.. Why bud? why? I ain't never seen a post by u I didn't agree with, or one that made me almost say GD, which Is a no no with me ... Until now. Them shits ain't the reason and you know it! It anyone knows u do dammit! Has to be link set up right? I have seen rigs on cable hill bouncing like crazy and Wondered why in the hell it bounced so bad. I always figured them badass coil overs needed "tuning" again. Haha.
Let me buy a set of axles for 2000+ dollars with a LIFETIME warranty and them tell me I can't get Em fixed. **** on that. You can bet I would get to see RCV's place of business. :****: I have asked my buddy several times about the dodge 60, can't remember what he told me the reason was they sucked balls but according to bk. they do. Why are they less desirable and much cheaper again??

Just kiddin, yeah it's gotta be a shitty link setup. My front end on the Gremlin doesn't hop like that, even with ol 2.0 air shocks.

See above on Dodge 60. It's like an overgrown Jeep D30.

They have a lifetime warranty, but when you break at least 4 or 5 that I've seen this year there has to be a point when they say no more. Dale doesn't even go through rcv's like this and everyone knows he's hard on parts.

al1tonyota said:
It is an AAM 9.25"

****, went and watched a youtube video, It is a 9.25.

SO, nix the knuckle swapping comment I made earlier.

Discussion on stub design is still valid.

So basically he's running a D44 front axle...

I wonder what size the RCVs in the knuckles on that AAM axle are equivalent to? (D44 or D60 size)

RCV says they are full warranty up to 47" tire...

I'd be interested to see where/how they are breaking....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts