• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bead rings

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I got my bead rings from unimogger today. So whats the trick to installing them? I would ask over there but I would sound like the "total" dork if I did,lol....

there is this new stuff out called super glue (CA), all the cool kids are using it.:flipoff:

Well they are intended just for looks. Noramlly one some you just tap small holes it the rim to screw into. Well if you want a long and painful process you could use your vise and trap the bead between the outer lip and the beadlock. Then with your hand drill try to carefully drill through but you would have to drill through the bead because they wheren't intended for that :flipoff:.

I would think that if you got the depth of the screws right and built the inner lip wouldn't that force the bead to be kinda locked?

Yeah but the main concern is the bead popping out on it since the wheel lip is designed to glue to unless you make it alittle bigger to pinch the bead.

ManiacMagoo said:
Yeah but the main concern is the bead popping out on it since the wheel lip is designed to glue to unless you make it alittle bigger to pinch the bead.

Is there anything I can't do if I put my mind to it :redneck:

Well no:flipoff: so we will put this in goat terms: Ggggeeeeetttt-Rrrrrrrrr-Dddddooooonnnnneeeee :flipoff:. Just depends how much you want to spend getting it to work. You could go get some 1 1/2" x 1" electrical reducing washers and use them for your inner lip or get a PVC cap and cut a inner ring from it aswell.

The easiest thing to do is, to make some rings with the inner edge of the hole the screws go through equal the outside diameter of the inner rim. Then you could cut the outer lip off the rim and drill and tap the holes in the inner lip.

Then just notch out the tire bead or drill through were the screws go through and sandwich the bead between the ring and inner lip.
I am going to have some laser cut like that, stay tuned for a possible run of these. :cool: :D