• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Beadlocks on the street.

chainsaw

How much am I gonna get ****ed with if Im running down the road on beadlocks? My wheeler only gets drivrn to the trail and back.....

I'd be amazed if anyone even looks twice. I used to drive to the trails in Naches/Rimrock and TSF down west of portland and never had any sort of issues.

I drive mine on the street every now, and then, and have never been messed with. No mudflaps, no windsheild, no mirrors, and beadlocks.

I know cops have seen me in Burien, Longbeach, Seattle, and other area's.

King county has 3 dedicated beadlock enforcement officers.

Just saying.

Its against the law. Dont break the law. Law breakers dont get support around here.

Whomever invented fakelocks were a blessing in disguise, as you tell the cop, "those arent real beadlocks sir, they are the fake ones they sell at the tire store".....:redneck:

my hummer beadlocks say for government use only :haha:
glad I have a DOD sticker on my Jeep...

BEADLOCKS ARE NOT ILLEGAL.

according to the LEO's i've met.

my understanding is that multi piece wheels are illegal.. but that goes back to the old split rims.

and split rims are illega.

the few times i've been stopped, i even asked, are my bead locks illegal?

nope.

The only beadlocks that are legal are the DOT beadlocks, I bet Mauler could chime in as well, I don't think TR makes a DOT beadlock, but there are several out there like high impact, that are. :D

my trailreadys are a street rim woith some stuff added. but they state offroad use only.

my other ones are a DOT compliant rim with stuff added.

the way i understand it DOT does not approve of a rim design, they put out a standard and the rim manufacturers make a wheel that is compliant with the standard.... from what ive read there are wheels of two piece design that meet the standard. the ones i was looking at were double beadlocks but were priced to high for my budget. thier main advertisement was "DOT compliant" beadlocks.

Legal? Illegal? Doesn't matter.

If you wreck your rig due to a wheel or tire failure, and are involved in an accident where someone is seriously injured or killed, then YOU ARE FAWKED. All (or nearly all) aftermarket beadlocks have a sticker (or notification) which clearly states NOT for highway use. The lawyers (if they are any good) will OWN your ass.

Anything and everything 4x4 related is illegal.:flipoff:

I'd say that a LEGAL and muddy 4x4 will be pulled over before an ILLEGAL clean and pristine 4x4 would.

Do the math.:beatdeadhorse: