• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bed toys

spidertoy

Mod dude....
whos got 'em, and whaddya got? I am thinking VERY seriously about getting a DRZ400 so that I can commute to work and back for a month on HALF what I am spending now in gas the other thing about it is that it would fit in the bed of my truck so that I would have a way to get home after dropping my truck off at crash's house (when I get all the parts together) for its extreme makeover turd edition :haha:

Ive got a yamaha yz 426 and I have thought about getting a dual sport. I don't race anymore and it would be cool to take off for the weekend on a bike with a backpack and explore. I also have a yamaha banshee (actually the wifes bike) but we don't ride enough anymore.

Opps. I thought you were talking about something else...............Carry on!!:haha: :haha:

I've got a 05 CRF230 that's been drug all over this state, and into oregon once. Also have an 72'XL250 that's going dual sport after I do a few things.
Here's a pic of the 230. I pretty much stick to the single track at belfair or Gifford Pinchot, hit up rock candy quite a bit too.

Suzuki GSX-R750........Wanna race?
600P3050010.JPG

600P3050014.JPG

full face helmet, alpinestars leather jacket w/ CE approved forearm and shoulder armor, back and chest padding, full fingered carbon fiber re-inforced gloves. Gonna get a new helmet, gloves, armored racing boots, and armored leather pants when I get back. Normally just ride w/ jeans and leather boots though.

strictly offroad use...

MSR pants and jersey
knee braces
full face helmet
goggles
riding gloves
chest protector (front, back and shoulder protection)
Alpinestar Boots

For Motocross:
FLY pants
Race Face shin/knee guards
Full face helmet
Fox jersey
Chest protector
Alpinestar boots
Thick socks
MSR gloves
Goggles

For Mountain biking:
Gloves
Shorts
T-shirt
Either a brain bucket or my motocross helmet
Somtimes i wear some knee/shins but not to often

On the dirt bike:
Shift Recon jersey and over the boot pants
Shift Team Gloves
Oneal Hardware boots
ARC Back Country jacket
Thor Force Chest protector (w/ MSR roost pack on the front and a back pack on the back)
ARC moto socks or some long wool socks depending on the season
Scott OTG Goggles
AFX helmet

On the pedal bikes and the uni I'm soon to get, pretty much nothing other than some good shoes and occasionally a helmet (and I pay for it repeatedly)

I am thinking really hard about the tourmaster jackets... either the advanced, or the transition jacket, and I like the Joe rocket alter ego pant...

havent even looked at off road gear yet, for the helmet I am seriously thinking that shoei(however it is pronounced) is the way to go for me

spidertoy said:
I am thinking really hard about the tourmaster jackets... either the advanced, or the transition jacket, and I like the Joe rocket alter ego pant...

havent even looked at off road gear yet, for the helmet I am seriously thinking that shoei(however it is pronounced) is the way to go for me

Shoei is very very expensive just so you know

On the jacket, I'd save yourself the money and just go with the ARC or the like, 80 bucks. It kept me warm on the road ride back to the truck at Taneum after a work party, and we ran 40-50 the whole way in the hail/rain. I've also seen talk of shoei's having a wierd fit, to be comfy you have to have a "shoei" head basicly. There are a ton of high quality options that are a ton cheaper. If you're looking at comuting with it, simpson makes their MX helmet with a face shield, my dad has one he seems to like, but it isn't as good as a set of goggles in the dust for keeping it out of your eyes. Going to be my next helmet most likely. You can get a helmet that's DOT/Snell approved for under $100 bucks these days (AFX makes one that comes in at 90 or so, and they don't skimp on quality). If you plan on dirt riding it, I'd shy away from a full street pant, best bet a nice over the boot mx/offroad pant IMO. Nice doesn't mean expensive either, my recon's are a great product and I think I got the jersy and pants set for 70 on ebay.

What kind of bike do you plan on getting? Sport, street, cruiser, dual sport, off road, what????

What kind of riding do you plan on doing???? Canyon carving, cruising, touring, commuter, dirt, mud, racing, etc????

w/ helmets, theyre made for different shaped heads. Arai's have models for 6 different head shapes (theyre also expensive as hell). You just gotta try em on and see what fits best. I searched for 2 weeks before I found a $150 HJC that fit me perfectly. Youre gonna be wearing that helmet for hours (longest ride Ive done is 4-5 hours). Thats a long time to be wearing a helmet that doesnt fit you perfectly. The cool part about the more expensive helmets is that they tend to be the lightest & have the best airflow.

DO NOT SKIMP ON CLOTHING! Ive had 2 accidents on my bike already. Each time Ive upgraded my clothing to something better, stronger, more durable, etc. The difference between a good jacket and a bad jacket could be your life. Im not a gear nazi and have been know to be squiddish (riding around w/ a sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and running shoes) because I believe that its your life, your choices, your consequences.

Now, regardless of temperature, I wear at least my helmet, armored leather jacket, armored/padded gloves, and over the ankle boots.....

War-Jeeper said:
Shoei is very very expensive just so you know

yeah but it fit the best, looked stellar, and I have always had a taste for expensive things that I earn... but yes the nearly 500 $ price tag made me think hard, but then again I could've leaned toward the awkward fittting ARAI helmet at nearly 700 on up