• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bed toys

I looked at the KTM's but they wanted 8000 for the bike, then I woulda had to pay another 1000 to convert it to dualsport, I think that the DRZ 400S is a mich better deal at 5500 :redneck: and Boxboy, I would love to try out a DRZ if you dont mind, just let me know when

Yeah, that's what I meant by a ton more money, do the dual sport stuff, plus parts to personalize it to fit you (bars, grips etc..., stuff you're going to do to any bike you buy) with sales tax, you're probably looking at 10 grand with the KTM. Husquevarna's are dual sport off the show room floor, but again, are quite a bit more cash.

http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=f650gs

1.jpg

2.jpg

MSRP $7600

Last edited:
Yeah those are great, but ridiculously huge and heavy for any northwest offroad, (unless you consider dirt roads offroad) DRZ's are heavy, but they aren't 420 pounds. For a daily rider though, with little to no dirt duty, I have to say, you'd see me on one for that purpose before just about any cruiser or sport bike.

Yeah, KTMs are more expensive initialy, but well worth it:D The new EXCs come with the dual sport package already on them, plus you get excell rims biger spokes, hydraulic clutch 1 1/8" bars and so on from the factory. I have a '99 300 EXC that has been riden hard and put away wet for years. I dont think I've ever even changed a spark plug on it:clappy: Always starts on the 1st kick, 4 stroke lugability with 2 stroke top end. Next summer I'm buying a 525 EXC :clappy:

I really wanted a DRZ400. I found a KTM620 Dual Sport used and I am really glad to have found it. It runs like a raped ape, is fairly light for its size, and the price was cheaper than a new DRZ. I think if you ride tight trails the 400 would be a little better choice, but the KTM is only 300lbs, which I can still ride is the trees fine (a little more work but the cc's make it fairly easy to ride).
:redneck:

DRZ400s are pretty badass bikes, I haave played on both SuperMotos and standard configs, and I loved both. I have friends who race SM bikes, so they SMs were modded too. They are actually really damn fun bikes. I have two friends who have them in standard form aside from exhaust, and they whoop myself and my friends asses on Chuckanut road on our sport bikes. Those ****ers can handle, I can hand ass to people on sport bikes when I ride those SM bikes too, they are a blast. I highly recommend one.

As for my own toys, Ive got a 99 yellow/black CBR600 with full exhaust, jet kit, chain/sprockets, fender eliminator, etc

Gear is a FieldSheer Congo Sport jacket (yellow/black of course) with CE armor and Phoslite reflectors, Fieldsheer pants with CE armor and Phoslite reflectors, Oxtar boots, Alpinestars gloves with CF knuckle armor, and an Arai helmet :)

~T.J.

First Pic is my girlfriend and I. Yes, its an 06 Ducati 749. No, she didnt ride wearing that. No, I dont really think Im that cool, Its a joke pose. I turned my hat around and struck the pose just for the camera, lol. As a matter of fact, after the pic was taken, she said "you look like an idiot" haha.

Second pic is me in my jacket just so you can see it - standing in my girlfriends forrest of a driveway waiting for her.

Last edited:
the DRZ supposedly weighs in at about 300 itself so its not too bad either and my primary reason for the 400 is that I figured it was about the right size (cc's ) for a first, beginners bike

and from what I have read on thumpertalk that is a correct conclusion to have come to

I would say that based on the handling, the powerband, and the fun factor, you cant go wrong with a DRZ. They have enough power to get out of the way if need be, but not too much that youre gonna get going too fast for conditions before you can react. I think theyre a great beginners bike honestly.

Oh, and if you wanna buy a new one, Ive got a shop full of personal friends that Ive known for years that sell Suzuki, Ducati, Yamaha. Hit up Eastside Motosports in Bellevue. Best shop in the state IMO, then again, it is mostly just friends that work there, lol.

~T.J.

x2 for Eastside Motosports, the sales and service guys are all top notch

I just sold my Ducati Monster 900 that I got from those guys 2 yrs ago, hard to justify a street bike in Seattle w/the weather, not to mention other toys. Also sold my KLR650, yesterday as a matter of fact, too heavy for the trail, comfy commuter tho. After riding my buddy's, my next bike will be a KTM 625 dualsport, great suspension, lotsa power, and light enough for serious trail riding. The only toy I have left currently (besides the jeep) is my LTZ400 (also from Eastside Motosports), won't get rid of that anytime soon. :Good: