• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bed toys

spidertoy said:
yeah but it fit the best, looked stellar, and I have always had a taste for expensive things that I earn... but yes the nearly 500 $ price tag made me think hard, but then again I could've leaned toward the awkward fittting ARAI helmet at nearly 700 on up

Ya i'll just stick with my $150 HJC that acctually fits me quite nicely

sorry kuaibuilt, I forgot to answer your question, I am getting a dual sport so that I can commute and still play in my yard:redneck:

Kauaibuilt47 said:
you might wanna get dual everything then. road gear and off-road gear.... beaucoup $$$$!
Like I said before, good off road gear (not motocross, off road and motocross are two completely diffrent things) bridges that gap nicely.

here is what i am saving for :flipoff:

g_dyFXDB_e_dom_c08_i02.jpg

2pwrlftrs4u said:
here is what i am saving for :flipoff:

g_dyFXDB_e_dom_c08_i02.jpg
Not that bad IMO, color and wheels are right (mag style are for sport bikes, they look dumb on a harley IMO). Just what I'd do if it was mine
Pull the front fender
Bob the rear (idealy get a spare to cut so you can put it stock if you sell)
pull a mirror and move the turn signals
And do some old school pin striping, kind of a daily rideable bobber.

Inlaws line in SD. They both have HD's. I think Im gonna get a Yami or Honda though. Waaaaay cheaper, better running, less vibrations. Although for 07 HD did, finally, go to a larger engine.

The MAIN reason I would get an HD is because of the legacy. There really is no other reason to get one that I can see. Funny part is, a HD has more foreign made parts on it than a Honda Goldwing.

yeah I understand the off road and road gear bit, but I am more willing to purchase the off road gear used then the on road gear, I dunno I might be silly, but I figure that the road gear will see more use at first since I will be commuting on the thing

spidertoy said:
I will be commuting on the thing

Thats what I said. Met a guy that took me to Rainier (around it on back roads I never knew about) and showed me how to ride my bike the right way. Im not saying this is the type of bike you'll get or ever want but.....

When the little speed sign "suggests" 30mph around that specific turn and we go into it at 70-80 and come out of the turn at 90-115......When we did a 2mi drag at 150mph handle bar to handle bar (we were about 6-10" apart the whole way)......I learned real quick that my textile jacket w/ padding wasnt good enough for this type of riding.

Granted, thats the type of riding I do on my bike. Its not for everybody but its fun as hell!

Kauaibuilt47 said:
Thats what I said. Met a guy that took me to Rainier (around it on back roads I never knew about) and showed me how to ride my bike the right way. Im not saying this is the type of bike you'll get or ever want but.....

When the little speed sign "suggests" 30mph around that specific turn and we go into it at 70-80 and come out of the turn at 90-115......When we did a 2mi drag at 150mph handle bar to handle bar (we were about 6-10" apart the whole way)......I learned real quick that my textile jacket w/ padding wasnt good enough for this type of riding.

Granted, thats the type of riding I do on my bike. Its not for everybody but its fun as hell!
Yeah, uh, I don't think a DRZ will do 80, if it does, it's one butt puckering expierience. Just FYI, people who ride like you describe are why people don't like sport bike riders, and think they're a bunch of dissrespectful punks.

I dont do it w/ people around. Actually, little F***8ers like that get on my nerves too. We normally take our time and dont rush. On back roads we race, until we see other cars/people. Then we slow down out of respect for them, no sense in giving anyone a heart attack.

For the majority of sportbikers that I know this is the norm.

Generalizing me into that "punk" category is pretty insulting. The only time I use my speed on the street is to get out of a bad situation. Did it once when I was stuck between 3 cars and a big rig. Hit 105 or so on I5, there was a WASP 1 car behind me that didnt even attempt to pull me over even though he took the same exit I did and was still 1 car behind me.

In fact, Ive been "called out" to race on the freeway and on surface streets. Ive been begged to do a wheelie, some have even been flashed by females for it (I dont do stunts). These people arent worth my time, gas, or life.

There is a time and place for everything! If we (any of us) didnt push the limits 1 way or another we would never get better. We'd still be doing those little trails behind our houses rather than attempting the con. The only way to push the limits of this type of bike is to do what I do.

2 ways to do it. 1 - track time (PIR). Problem is that it gets expensive and theyre not a 24/7 operation. 2 - back roads, twisties, canyons, whatever you wanna call em. You take your time when you have to and you rip it when you can. Been through Elbe many times but NEVER exceed the speed limit!

PS....

If I really wanted to the only cars that can keep up w/ me would be the Dodge Viper and similarly equipped cars. There is no way that a WASP would be able to unless he had chopper support. The only thing stopping me from doing this on the freeway on a regular basis is my respect for others on the road, although they rarely show me the same respect. Been nearly run over MANY times.

DO NOT even think of grouping me into that SQUIDLY category of irresponsible rider. You are sadly mistaken and should ask questions for clarification before doing so.....

Sorry if that offended you, but you don't live on the back roads do ya? I do, and I deal with ass hats on or in just about anything because of it. Yeah, a Viper, or ZO6 may be the only thing that can keep up with you, but, places like the canyon below elbe and alder are 2 lane, last I checked, a crown vic or two can block a 2 lane road.

hey now fellas, this wasnt meant to go this direction, lets play nice, I am still looking for people that ride a dual sport on the street to tell me how they handle, I have a sport bike rider that keeps telling me that I will regret buying a dual sport and he keeps trying to convince me that I should buy a cruiser, both me and the wofe think that a cruiser is not for me as a first bike (too much chrome, too heavy to pick back up) and a sport bike is not a good first bike for either (too much power, too tempting to do stupid stuff with little to no experience) so a dual sport fits the bill quite nicely:D:D :cheer:

DRZ400s great bikes I have had 2 400's and 3 350's and have like everyone of them.

My DR is down with a carb issue but once it is fixed you can take it for a spin.

Go dual sport if youre gonna go off-road, but youre not gonna like the on-road performance. If youre just looking for a gas-saving commuter then go for it. There are "small" cruisers/sport bikes. Try bikes like the Kawasaki Ninja 250/500, Honda Rebel 250, Suzuki GZ250/SV650/GS500, Yamaha FZ6.

My wifes friend (5'4", 120 female) had the Ninja 500 as a first bike. Kept it for a few years, sold it for a couple grand, and bought a Ducati.

These bikes get GREAT gas milage. People will tell you to go bigger for whatever reason.....No need to if youre not looking for speed/power. These are especially good if youve never ridden on the street or dont have much experience. You can get em for <$3000 easily and sell for >$2000 to someone looking for a beginner/commuter bike. Check cycle trader or the want ads on www.pnwriders.com. Theres always some CHEAP stuff on there.

You could also go with a supermoto oriented dual sport. Both KTM and Suzuki make em. The DRZ 400 has fat sticky street tires and big brakes, not to good offroad, but you could have a set of wheels/tires for the dirt. I think it would be a blast in the city.

BTW- I have a 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660 that I ride evcery weekend. Usually Capitol forest, Tahuya or Florence.

Brent

I think KTM still sells a set of dirt tires and wheels with their motard models, but that's going to be a ton of money.