• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BeerJ's BuzzBuggy Build-o-rama!

I have a new found respect for the fabricators that do things like this on a regular basis. But at least that's done.

Thanks guys. Hoping I can get a chance to pick up some more steel tomorrow and get started on the rad mount. Gonna try to incorporate the harness bars into it.

poolman said:
Very very nice work, look like your not just throwing it together :dblthumb:
Thanks dude. I figure since I have more time than money I'd try not to rush anything.

What's the max a radiator can laid back? I like mine here, about 30°. Hopefully the tube underneath will protect it in case of a catastrophic driveshaft failure. I also decided to push it way back so I can take advantage of the room behind the seats. Also to cut down on fan noise. Imagine that, a bouncer style chassis with storage. Or at least somewhere to throw your jacket.

rig looks awesome!

On the radiator lean just make sure you don't end up with a hose higher than the cap and create a spot for an air pocket to wreak havok later on...

Good call. It looks like it'll work there. After scratching my head on how to secure the radiator I decided I'm just going to have some threaded pucks welded on. They'll make life easier other than if/when it comes time to replace it. Another thing I've been pondering in regards to air pockets is this.

The red and blue are showing where the coolant will exit the frame tube and go up to the rad inlet. The big red arrow on the right is showing the location of a block off inside the tube to seperate the send side from the return. Since the coolant will leave the tube well before the block off will the areas with the question marks just be big air pockets? Will the air eventually work it's way to the rad inlet and burp out? Or does it not even matter since the air would not be in a portion of tube that really needs to flow anything?

I have seen comments over the years where bouncers guys say, "I would like to trail ride, but the radiator doesn't get much air flow and gets hot." Glad to see this won't be one of those. The buggy looks flashemifyougotem by the way.

Thanks man. It's definitely gotta be able to do trails. It'll be a long ways off from being competitive so it may as well be fun. thumb.gif By the way, that res mount was all you. All I kept thinking was "something better than a piece of angle" molaugh

5BrothersFabrication said:
I have seen comments over the years where bouncers guys say, "I would like to trail ride, but the radiator doesn't get much air flow and gets hot." Glad to see this won't be one of those. The buggy looks flashemifyougotem by the way.

You ever think that's mostly contributed to how hot they have the motor built too? There is a definite challenge to keep a healthy built motor cool.

I guess my slow build is gonna be even slower now that I've experienced the joys of sheet metal. Being aluminum makes it worse since I can't weld and grind anything that doesn't fit perfectly. Also, it's a hell of a lot easier to roll poster board templates than it is the metal. Baby steps, a 16th at a time.

Fourt'two thirt'ninefiftysix
You could say she's got it all. Lol
61" in between at the shoulders. 43" at the dash. 53" at the rockers. She ain't small but seems just right to me. I think the biggest help is that it flares out at the shoulders. That allows the seats to move further apart while still keeping everything in the buggy. I bet if I ran kirkeys I could almost fit 3 across in the front. laughing1 I thought I read somewhere that your dash should be as wide as your tire is tall. :dunno: