• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bender help

Glen1978

Sun does shine on a DOGS ASS!
Bought a JMR Raceline bender other day and decided I wanted it vertical so built a frame and got the HF 8 ton air ram to power it. Mounted the bender wheres its main arms are perfectly 90 degrees up and down like all the rest of em I saw. Put the ProTools 1.75" 240 die in and some HREW I had laying around and it sure is hell to get the the strap pin in and the follower pin in. First one is easy then the second is a PITA.

Another issue Im having is I thought one of the reasons to mount vertical is so that when you bend you just put the tube in and stick a angle finder on your "output" end and when you get the angle you want let off. Ok well my tube does not start off parallel to the ground.....it angles down coming into the bender. Can anyone help me out on this?

Need to see pics. I've got a jmr bender also with the same harbor freight air over hydro but mines mounted normal on a stand in the floor but mines got the figure 8 plate on top to rotate the bender 360 wherever you need it.

Re:

You can't mount the main arms vertical..you'll need to angle the whole thing until your tube/die is level... or just get a level and zero it before bending..

Well hell. I woulda swore all the ones ive seen were straight vertical. Ive just got em tacked up so I can still lean it back

The ones that are vertical have the center "main" pin hole in a little different location.

10-4 thanks guys got the ram mounted and bent my first piece. I can only get about 65 degrees out of it with one stroke but from what Ive read 70 is tops so its all good. Repin it and grab some more.

I have similar bender and it's the same way ( not parallel ) so I'm thinkin of taken on of the bolts out of the frame,tilting the bender forward until it's parallel and welding it back to the frame...if that makes sense, then an angle should work fine

Re: Re: Bender help

2y9ydy2a.jpg

There's another that I've seen that has adjustment built in to allow the different dies to be level..I'll look for the pic.