• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bender mount

--toyguy---

so how is everybody mounting thier benders to the concrete? i would just want 4 threaded holes that could screw bolts or studs into so i can bolt my plate down. i want to just drill into the concrete and glue or cement something in place. any ideas?

The guy that is bending my stuff has his mounted to a post with 4 horizontal legs to make in mobile in case he needs to move it to clear a bend. Works great if you are running a hydrolic bender.

so how is everybody mounting thier benders to the concrete? i would just want 4 threaded holes that could screw bolts or studs into so i can bolt my plate down. i want to just drill into the concrete and glue or cement something in place. any ideas?
They make inserts that are threaded to accept lag bolts that you can put in after you drill holes, but thats not very ideal because of the way they work. Not really meant to be taken in and out.

The other things Ive seen are threaded studs that you put in the hole after you drill it. Then you can just take the nuts off to remove the bender, but then you're stuck with the studs sticking out of the ground.

I do know however, that Fastenal sells some crap that you can use to patch and repair concrete and stuff, but their little display on the counter shows it threaded with a bolt screwed in it and crap. So, I assume you could drill an over sized hole, then fill it back up with this crap, then drill and tap the stuff for what you are talking about.

~T.J.

wedge anchors will work. drill the hole into the slab but not all the way thru. vacume out the hole and drop in the anchor (tap em in) Then you can just use a regular bolt to hold down your machine. Just plug the holes with a piece of dowel or such when not in use. vacume out the holes before each use to get the dirt out of the threads.

I also used a wedge anchor. Mine happened to be stainless steel (only because they were free from a buddy) and are of the stud type. The threaded stainless studs come up about 2.5 inches above the concrete floor, and clamp the base down with stainless nuts. If I remember correctly, they're 5/8 diameter. After it was all said and done, I'm glad I got SS, as my garage floor gets regularly washed out, and I think non-SS would end up a rusted mess.

The guy that is bending my stuff has his mounted to a post with 4 horizontal legs to make in mobile in case he needs to move it to clear a bend. Works great if you are running a hydrolic bender.

Mines on casters :awesomework:

I have mine on casters and mounted so it bends vertical and then I use a HF 18" air over hydro. ram to bend with :awesomework: .

You can get threaded wedge inserts that you have to use a punch to set the wedge so if you drill it out to the right depth they are flush with top of concrete when you take it down use allen screws in them to keep dirt out

You can get threaded wedge inserts that you have to use a punch to set the wedge so if you drill it out to the right depth they are flush with top of concrete when you take it down use allen screws in them to keep dirt out

Drop in anchors is the correct name. We use flat head socket cap screws (allen head countersunk) to keep the holes clean when not in use. Drop in anchors are a stock item at any construction supply house or Mclendons..

X3 or 4 on the drop-in anchors. Concrete anchors are usually installed and the bolts get torqued once, so repeated use will work on the concrete and tend to loosen and spin the anchor the hole. Sometimes a whack with a setting tool will tighten them up, but not always.
The best installations I've done is carbon steel anchors and an epoxy ( Hilti makes the best stuff) made for concrete when you set the anchor. They stay put forever and you can tighten them all you want. I'd avoid the stainless anchors since it's in a floor, and dirt will gall the threads really fast and wreck them.