• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Bang for the buck

spectra

What is a good one to start with? Build your own buy a pre built one? I have been into the RC cars before and have a radio and a few other things. Also ran clods before so am kind of fond of the clod crawlers. Any info appreciated.

Thanks

spectra,

The cheapest way to go is the little trucks tlt

Depending on what you buy or make your self tlt will run from $350 to $600

Big truck clod, maxx, txt, etc. will run you $600 to $1000.

I like the big trucks better. but I have not done a tlt yet..

Best thing I can tell you from doing this for some time now is dont try to go the cheap route on parts get a good esc and good servos.

This really is not a cheap hobbie, these are big boy toys and have the price tag to go with it, just like our 1-1 rigs try to go on the cheap and you will be on the side of the trail watching and not wheelin.

Hope this helps.

I B..

Know what you mean:D When I was into the RC cars I had probably 2500 wrapped up easy. Used to race them localy and it was a blast. Now that I am into the bigger rigs and there are these little RC crawlers they look like a blast. Might end up just buying one of the Walmart ones and see how it works. My son will enjoy it (also a good excuse to buy one) to.

Thanks for the info anyone else?

I would definately go with the TLT. The TLT is somewhat realistic looking with the right body. It takes a bit more driving skill to go over some stuff that larger trucks could go over easy. And like IB said they are much cheaper.
You might even be able to grab a pretty good deal on a roller from www.rccrawler.com
If not http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/312774.asp has TLTs for $69.99 right now.

I would search Rcc for a few weeks because there are a few good deals on rigs every once in awhile. Just becareful because some of them are complete but are way over priced for what they are.:cool:

Ok am going to go with a TLT and a custom chassis. So when buying the kit what exactly will be used besides the axles? I know most other chassis use a Stampede tranny, E-Maxx shocks and an asortment of other things. So if anyone has anymore info let me know.

Thanks again!

You will want a good radio, Hytech 645MG servo, Jato shafts, a bender SW2 and either make your own links or go with Traxxas links. Moabs or M2k's, both are Proline tires.

For building a SW2 chassis you can go on RCC and look in the TLT section for benders build. Pretty informative on the links and such. Bender is the one making that chassis, it is buy far worth the money for a kick ass 2.2 crawler.

As far as what else you can use on the kit would be the fasteners, body mounts, 4 links for the uppers, the ball ends if you want and what ever else you might want to do with the extra parts. You can off the extras on ebay if you want.

Sounds good and as for the chassis have been looking at the P4 there on the crawler board. And yes I have an R-1 for a radio allready. That is one thing I kept from all my RC stuff along with all my tools and a few other things.

Nobody can beat Benders chassis right now, I mean think about it. It is the right size to go from a 2.2 chassis to a big truck chassis. It has all the adjustments you could ever want and it is easy to make a balanced rig out of.

If you show up to the comp coming up I will let you drive my TLT, the thing is an ant on 4 wheels. :D

Well I still think I am going with the P4. If I build a clod would like to use a NN chassis. Ordered the kit tonight so we will see what happens.

And as for the comp that is a long way for me to travel. I am in Vancouver, WA a few miles from you guys.

Yeah those are the ones to watch out for but on the other hand you get a good crawler to start with. I know when I first started with my TLT it was when they first came out and over about 5 months I spent about $1200 trying different things to try to get it to work right.

Anyone hear anything about the Nylint? I was thinkin of gettin it in th 1:6 scale. Will this be a pretty good base to start moddin up to make a good wheeler?

Dude said:
Nobody can beat Benders chassis right now, I mean think about it. It is the right size to go from a 2.2 chassis to a big truck chassis. It has all the adjustments you could ever want and it is easy to make a balanced rig out of.

If you show up to the comp coming up I will let you drive my TLT, the thing is an ant on 4 wheels. :D

MY TLT is just right :flipoff:

Nylints are awesome to get started with but if you want something comp worthy look for a TLT, clod, or txt. Out of those 3 the TXT crawls the best stock and even better with slight mods but costs more then a TLT and clod. You can mod nylints to do pretty good but it depends if you want to be in comps or just screwing off. :cool: