Best stuck w/pics and details!

bobbed_84_toy

ALWAY$ BROKE
Post up some pics of your worst stuck!

a1-4.jpg

a2-4.jpg

a3-4.jpg

a4-3.jpg

My worst stuck was with the yota and the tractor, but I don't have any pics so we won't get into that.

Dug the Ford in pretty good today though. Just finished fixing the broken valve spring so in order to celebrate I figured I'd go do some mudding. Appearently all this rain made the ground kinda soft though. Went around once in 2wd just fine then the second time through she sunk faster than Titanic. Both axles were baried. A little tug with the excavator and we were free. Gonna dig the center rut out then go back tomorrow and let the 460 go to work:cheer:

This is in Tellico ORV park in Murphy, North Carolina.

We were running the #8 trail and didn't know there was a way around this hole. I got stuck and we had to wait around for a few hours for someone with a winch because my buddy burned up his winch extricating himself just before I went though. We tried tugging my rig with a strap but it did no good.

First pic is of me, second is of my buddy.

mestuckmudzl3.jpg

jessestuckbt8.jpg

Not much to say other than by the time I felt the front starting to sink, it was too late.

The mud was so soupy nasty that just stepping out of the truck I was instantly waist deep. I had to lay out pallets and crap to walk on to keep from sinking, and It took me 4 days of digging through the soupy mess just to get it unburied enough to be able to winch it out backwards. We broke an industrial tow truck cable trying to get it out as well. There was a huge Chevy that was lifted on 44" boggers locked front and rear that got buried up to his doors trying to get me out as well. Overall, about 10 trucks tried getting it out during the days of digging, most of which got stuck themselves, until finally I was able to dig it out enough to where a truck with a winch could pull me out with my Dad using his truck as an anchor. What a mess :rolleyes:

~T.J.

Dsc02746.jpg

Dsc02747.jpg

Dsc02744.jpg

Dsc02745.jpg

Last edited:
Worst ever was 13 hours.
Went out to help someone else that was stuck
dec02599.jpg

I was going thru a little puddle that opened up into a sink hole.
Had to get a CAT backhoe to lift me out and pull me back.
Pix weren't that good cause it was dark.

!/2 way out
stuck-002.jpg

stuck-016.jpg

Out of gas had to tow it to the station......
stuck-021.jpg

dec02609.jpg

Then there was Kapowsin before it was shut down
Got lots of video and pics.
Not stuck as long because I actually had rigs with me that were
as big as mine......
picture_083.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no, not at all. I was alluding to the four days (my comment about the "week") it took to recover. No hard feelings mate. I completely understand how things can get very stuck. I remember reading the compounding numbers of how mud holds things thanks to the suction effect.

Nonetheless, sorry to hear things were messed with. It seems that is the stereotype that if your rig is left overnight, its as good as gone is unfortunately a completely true one.

3 rigs, all on the same trip

didn't get far at all
Image071.jpg

cousin decided to follow me, thought he'd get further
Image066.jpg

after we got his rig out
Image068.jpg

don't ask
Image056.jpg

Boxxerace said:
Oh no, not at all. I was alluding to the four days (my comment about the "week") it took to recover. No hard feelings mate. I completely understand how things can get very stuck. I remember reading the compounding numbers of how mud holds things thanks to the suction effect.

Nonetheless, sorry to hear things were messed with. It seems that is the stereotype that if your rig is left overnight, its as good as gone is unfortunately a completely true one.
No problem. Luckily for me (or something), I was out of work at the time and it was only a few minutes from me so I was able to be there from the moment I woke up until it got dark, and sometimes in between.

At one point while I was digging it out, one of the guys (the one with the big Chev with the 44s that also got stuck) who came to help originally the first night it was stuck, came back with a friend and they were both carrying tool boxes. They said it was a good thing I was there, wished me luck, turned around and left :wtf: That was after my friend got his HUGE Chev out with his no-lift 89 Ranger with his winch. It was a funny sight, but we should have left his ass there :mad:

Not only was the truck messed with while it was there, I was using my motorcycle to get to and from it at the time since I only had the truck and the bike. While the bike was parked out on the road, someone stole the helmet right off the bike, so I had to ride (only about 5 mins) home without it. Once again, :wtf:

Then, a few weeks after it came out, the engine finally let go, and during the rebuild it was broken into three more separate times stealing bolt on parts from the motor that were stored in the cab, and my stereo. I hate thieves.

~T.J.

Last edited:
Damn man... I would be hard pressed to not return the favor to the guys in the big truck. [sarcasm]Maybe have them dig you out at the threat of the use of another kind of tool[/sarcasm... kinda].

What a bunch of pricks.

Time for you to get a garage and a shotgun, eh?

Boxxerace said:
Damn man... I would be hard pressed to not return the favor to the guys in the big truck. [sarcasm]Maybe have them dig you out at the threat of the use of another kind of tool[/sarcasm... kinda].

What a bunch of pricks.

Time for you to get a garage and a shotgun, eh?
Tell me about it. The guy works for Bobby Wofford trucking and said he could get an excavator for me for a price. I kindly said no and figured all was good after my friends and I got him out. Apparently not, he wanted to take more than just my money! :mad:

Anyone know this guy or his truck? Is he on the board? His name is Joe, and has a GIANT yellow truck with purple flames and "CAT" across the tailgate? He's a sketchy guy, and I have no problem calling him out about it. Would pics of his truck help? :stirpot:

~T.J.

Last edited: