• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

best tcase for 700r4?

jeremybigs said:
wondering whats the best tcase for a 700r4? any options for doublers? or lower gears? strength? thanks

NP207 out of an s-10:flipoff: (at least that's what i use) as far as i know pretty much anything that came behind a th350/400 etc. will be able to mate up to the 700r4 in some way shape or form. as far as strength, a NP205 would prolly be your best bet, and yes doublers are possible, NP203/Np205 or NP205/NP205 etc. ORD has some pretty good info on the stuff, check them out, like i said i'm not 100% sure on what is adaptable, but i know you can get a lot of options.

http://offroaddesign.com/

toy tcases!!! can run doubles and lower gears. my .02 depends on what rig your running, np203 and np 205 are way to heavy for a little rig, toy tcases are smaller and lighter.If its a full size rig 203/205 would be fine or a dana 300 so you could do front digs.

I wouldnt go with less than a dana 300, as it has good strength and is fully upgradeable. From there an Atlas, or a Stak box(2 or 3 speed) is an even better choice but will not be as cheap.

Boonie Buster said:
. as far as strength, a NP205 would prolly be your best bet, and yes doublers are possible, NP203/Np205 or NP205/NP205 etc.

Those combos, while strong, are fawking massively large. Unless you are running a full size, you won't be happy with drive shaft length or with trying to install them between the floorboards and the skidplate.

PORTER said:
I wouldnt go with less than a dana 300, as it has good strength and is fully upgradeable. From there an Atlas, or a Stak box(2 or 3 speed) is an even better choice but will not be as cheap.

I second the Dana 300. It's gear drive, compact, easily adaptable, strong enough for a V8, has decent low gears, upgradeable for really low gears and heavy duty outputs, readily found, available with twin sticks setups, and relatively affordable

That said. If you have the money get the ATLAS or STAK and just be done.

Having done a # of 203/205 of setups--good lord they are heavy. As alreadyt said, dana 300 or atlass II/stak

run a 231C as ur range box and get a doubler from D&D machine, then run a D300 behind that. That is the route I am going. I have a thread on the PBB about puting one of those together. Flat belly and front digs, wahoooo:flipoff: .

no excuses said:
run a 231C as ur range box and get a doubler from D&D machine, then run a D300 behind that. That is the route I am going. I have a thread on the PBB about puting one of those together. Flat belly and front digs, wahoooo:flipoff: .

Front toy diff

BOOOOM
wahooooooo :flipoff:

crash said:
Front toy diff

BOOOOM
wahooooooo :flipoff:

Hell yah then I can have someone come pull me back to the trailer:kiss:

top secret way to save gas in the trail rig:flipoff: :haha: :haha: hmmmmm:mad: :mad: :booo:

jeremybigs said:
wondering whats the best tcase for a 700r4? any options for doublers? or lower gears? strength? thanks

i think that 4.3 is the problem, its too long so i think you should sell it to me....:flipoff:

what did it take to straighten out garys press?

The 700r4 has a big pan and you could run into problems with front driveshaft clearence problems. A D300 locked flat and fullsize running gear help but just something to be aware of.

thanks guys i think im sold on d300 then! anybody got any?

hip sorry we had to race for the van. it runs great though so dont think its the problem! hehe! and what was wrong with garys press? its not strait?

i think the base got bent slightly. might just need the bolts lossened and re bolted? i was trying to jury rig it too press off a 9" axel bearing so i could steal all the wheel studs but the wood block crushed and tweaked the press.:rolleyes:

its all good but if you run across another 4.3 motor let me know.:kissmyass:

everybody hear suggested the d300 but the d300 is 23 spline input and the 700r4 is 27output. i miss something about adapters to make them work?

You have to run an adapter to bolt a D300 to a 4x4 700R4. And.....you run a skinny drive shaft.

Latest posts