• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best wheeling/camping

tall boy

We live in Nashville. We take our kids wheeling regularly and try to camp. We go to Golden mountain all the time because the camping is so good plus the trails are great. We need a change though.

Where do you guys like to go that has good tent camping. Not grass field/parking lot camping. Decent camping with trees and some privacy. But also good wheeling.

Any thoughts?

harlan and rent a cabin

I know you said tent camping, but the kids would probably love the cabins and I know theres tent camping as well

You want to ride in and camp?

You'll be looking at places other than parks, except Harlan. Great camping places on the trail in Harlan.

Otherwise I'd suggest riding Pickett State Forest/Blackhouse Mtn, north of Jamestown TN. Wheeling, camping, swimming all in one place. Zero amenities, no fee, just park and ride.

Hawk Pride couple hours south of you has some nice spots cut out in the woods with fire pits and stuff. They have cabins also and a pretty good mix of trails. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I love Harlan. Too far for a single over night though.

I forgot about winrock. I thought I heard the owners are hard to deal with.

I've been to hawk pride also. Sounds like the camping has gotten better.

Thanks guys for your help!

kmcminn said:
Choccolocco, I'm would bet the owner would let you camp on top of mountain. Great views, really nice park and a few miles from stores.
x2. Fav park by far. Really has the best of everything. And night riding! I hate the "lights out" feeling of havin to haul ass to camp when it gets dark. Good camping, close to food and stores, and no one messing with you. Ever!! Hell if I lose it all and it comes down to it I'd Ask trey how much to pitch a tent and stay for a wile!! Hell I may end up tryin anyways. Haha. Just love that place. Best set up I have seen so far. And good trail signs also!! Haha. Bout 200 + of them! :woot:

kushKrawlin said:
x2. Fav park by far. Really has the best of everything. And night riding! I hate the "lights out" feeling of havin to haul ass to camp when it gets dark. Good camping, close to food and stores, and no one messing with you. Ever!! Hell if I lose it all and it comes down to it I'd Ask trey how much to pitch a tent and stay for a wile!! Hell I may end up tryin anyways. Haha. Just love that place. Best set up I have seen so far. And good trail signs also!! Haha. Bout 200 + of them! :woot:
I agree with this. Choccolocco is awesome plus there are some good eating places right there in Jacksonville.

Right on. I'll look there also.

Anyone done Stoney Lonesome? Looks like good camping, not sure about riding though...

Every weekend. Great folks. Plenty of room for camping and if you stay close to the parking lot, great amenities as well.

Not sure if you still can, but slide was always awesome to take the kids camping at.