• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

B'Ham Zoo

bc

I'm thinking about taking my three year old to the zoo. B'Ham is closer to me than Memphis or N.O. Any of ya'll been there lately? Is it worth it, or should I suck up the extra mileage and go to one of the others?

it is pretty good or it is alot better than it used to be. went last month with my 18 month old. but i heard that Memphis was alot better.

THE WIFE AND I went last June and it was perty good. They had a tropical bird thing and you could get the nectar and go inand let them feed and it was bangin. I really enjoyed it.

I have not thought about Nashville. Here are my options... B'Ham = 2.5 hrs/N.O. = 3.5 hrs/Memphis = 4 hrs/Nashville = 5.5 hrs I know William will love any zoo we go too, but I'd like for it to be rather nice.

We went to the Nashville zoo a couple weekends ago and it was awesome. Very scenic compared to Birmingham, the displays and whatnot were nicer by a long shot. Also seemed bigger. The surrounding city however was not very nice in comparison to Birmingham's.

Nashville could be an option. Speaking of surroundings, that's why I'm not crazy about going to New Orleans. I've never liked that city. Especially not now.

Speeding said:
We went to the Nashville zoo a couple weekends ago and it was awesome. Very scenic compared to Birmingham, the displays and whatnot were nicer by a long shot. Also seemed bigger. The surrounding city however was not very nice in comparison to Birmingham's.

you should have called me. There are lots of nice places close to the zoo. When you pull out of the entrance it might be shitty but you only 5 minutes in any direction from cool stuff

BlingBling said:
you should have called me. There are lots of nice places close to the zoo. When you pull out of the entrance it might be shitty but you only 5 minutes in any direction from cool stuff

Wish I'd known! We ended up playing nashville tourists on Main st. the whole weekend when we weren't at the zoo. It worked out well.