• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Ass chainsaw!

CHOP SHOP

So I been looking for a big powerhead to run a alaskan type of guide for cutting slabs. You know the ol chainsaw mill!

Anyways new big saws are BIG money! So my buddy Rod was talking about this ol relic he had hanging around.

So its now here getting ready to make timber scared! Nuz would be proud!

So its a late 60s early 70s PARTNER R40. Its 100cc, 3 foot bar (got a bigger one too) no chain brake, no sissy **** here. Even a manual oiler to pump on.

Man loggers were brutes back then! Anyone know anything about these or have one laying around?

I seen big ass saw and got excited .....how much does he want for the homelite?

I think he wants $75 for it. Its VERY clean and I believe it rolls over nice and has compression but he hasnt fired it (he gives up pretty easy!).

Knowing Paul, it just needs the carb cleaned out and the mag sanded/cleaned.

He also likes to trade for other wood/man type of crap.

Is the Stihl for sale?
That looks to be an early 80's Partner.
Those partners were good saws but weak ignitions. The bad part is parts are obsolete. Tha t is why I sold my 084's.

The thumb oiler is nice as you cas shoot extra oil when milling as things get HOT!

I have found these Partners share some parts as they also made a few large saws for Pioneer and Mac and Husky.

I think the Mac is the same mechanics. Pretty much any of the 100cc Swedish saws in the 70s have about a 50% chance of being part of the partner family.

Ok so the Partner didnt last long! :redneck: It sucked a case gasket.

So I set out for a modern fixable saw to mill with.

066 Stihl was the hot ticket. TONS of parts available and it rips. Got it for a deal with a bad base gasket. I got the .5mm high compression steel one to fix it. Did the popular muffler mods to an already dual port can.

The thing is a monster 92ccs making over 7HP. Now I just need to find an 088 next!

FAWKING AWESOME!
I grew up in the desert. It seems that the NW has some things I wished I was involved in when I was younger!
I am/have been keeping an eye out for a nice mid-size saw. Damn good saws are not cheap.
That mill looks awesome.
cheers

I have a older saw moter Still "somethen"56AV. My grandpas brother in law was a logger up in alaska and used it with a 4' bar as a saw mill. its had all the internal stuff done has no bar, chain and needs a sparkplug wire and still kicks and runs like a beast. I have to get it out of storage but if anyone is interested I could use the cash and id be willing to part with it for the right price.

:beer:

Cute little slabs ya got there, but them Alaska mills are too much work!:haha:lemme know if ya want something a little larger. i think the largest one weve sold recently was for a porch, it was spruce, 8'x 22', nice Stihl!:awesomework: :beer:

Last edited:
422129_1836684333696_1441151529_n.jpg

402728_1836685013713_1493529377_n.jpg

Pics from Live Edge... from Unclestripey's work...Some end cuts from the large cut he's talking about...

Cute little slabs ya got there, but them Alaska mills are too much work!:haha:lemme know if ya want something a little larger. i think the largest one weve sold recently was for a porch, it was spruce, 8'x 22', nice Stihl!:awesomework: :beer:

Is that cut on a dimensional mill or a bandsaw?

Im mostly cutting Cedar and Fir.