• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Ass chainsaw!

I'd save the one from hotsaw doom if it were me as you can het good money if you find the right collector.

Thats true, but if I was an 056MagII, I would love to visit the Loggers Jubilee and get the **** wound out of me instead of sitting on a shelf in an apartment somehwere in town. :redneck:

They seem to have high prices on the net, but they never sell. Theres 4 of them on CL right now for under $400 and they ALL have been listed frro over 2 months.

The problem is that they are not a productive saw anymore and the ignition costs about $200 to fix correctly.

So if ya get one for $100 with no spark and it costs 200 to fix it, its kinda a wash on value. Im a sucker tho! :redneck:

i have a 045AV that runs for 20 minutes then shuts off...my interweb reading tells me its the bosch ignition going shithouse...i either need to fix it or get rid of it and get another saw...

Chop, I may be hitting you up for your cutting skills. Wife and I are putting in a wood stove in the house and want to build a nice mantle. Im thinking saw cut timber, maybe 6"x8"x5' or so. Not sure on what kinda wood I want yet. Ill let you know when we get closer if you are interested.

Chop, I may be hitting you up for your cutting skills. Wife and I are putting in a wood stove in the house and want to build a nice mantle. Im thinking saw cut timber, maybe 6"x8"x5' or so. Not sure on what kinda wood I want yet. Ill let you know when we get closer if you are interested.

Use old growth fir or cedar from the coast. The curl in the first 6-8 feet of the butt looks best IMO.

Use old growth fir or cedar from the coast. The curl in the first 6-8 feet of the butt looks best IMO.

I agree. Im a sucker for cedar. I love the waves in the butts grain and the white/red sap/heartwood transition too. :cool:

Not a problem! :awesomework:

Shelf looks great.

Thanks! :beer:

For big wood my old 090 could pull a long bar just not much chain speed, and heavy to pack around. That wood is now only for looking at:rolleyes:

Ya slow, but when you are cutting and jacking and then cutting and jacking some more, that slow chain speed gives you time to argue with your buddy about the best lay:eeek:

Oh how I miss those days. Busheling on steep ground, jacking 2-3 nice yellow fir you got your day in and made a good wage.

Oh how I miss those days. Busheling on steep ground, jacking 2-3 nice yellow fir you got your day in and made a good wage.

Oh ya, last old growth timber I was in, was in Darington on the 62 road. Biggest Doug fir we cut was 89" on the big end and 55' later it was 76". Had a hell of a time getting it on the lowbed for its trip to Oregon.

Oh ya, last old growth timber I was in, was in Darington on the 62 road. Biggest Doug fir we cut was 89" on the big end and 55' later it was 76". Had a hell of a time getting it on the lowbed for its trip to Oregon.

Nice piece of wood for sure! Last old growth I cut was in 2011 up the Kalama river. Spent 4 months jacking it all uphill.
Largest I cut over the years was 12'9" at the face and had 19,990 board feet in it. Cutting just isn't the same anymore.

don't know how I been missing this post ! you sir have stricken my fancy.. just quick question where did you get your Alaskan mill at like what price range? are you using a rip chain? and is there a reason why your running 3 inch slab cuts?(does chain just pretty much snap your work or what?)