• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Ass chainsaw!

You can run with no base gasket on those and watch the rpm on the early 066's. That looks to be a 93-94 model. They have a light above the tuning screws that show max rpm when lit up.

Ok so the Partner didnt last long! :redneck: It sucked a case gasket.

So I set out for a modern fixable saw to mill with.

066 Stihl was the hot ticket. TONS of parts available and it rips. Got it for a deal with a bad base gasket. I got the .5mm high compression steel one to fix it. Did the popular muffler mods to an already dual port can.

The thing is a monster 92ccs making over 7HP. Now I just need to find an 088 next!

Be careful leaving that much hinge wood on a tree when falling as if your face isn't opened way up you run a very high risk of it breaking off the stump and falling out of lead or barbercharing on ya. When the tree starts to go stay cutting on it as you only want 1.5-2" of hinge on them.

Some nice 2 x 10 foot cedar slabs that are 3 inches thick.

My next victim!

Be careful leaving that much hinge wood on a tree when falling as if your face isn't opened way up you run a very high risk of it breaking off the stump and falling out of lead or barbercharing on ya. When the tree starts to go stay cutting on it as you only want 1.5-2" of hinge on them.

You are correct.

BUT.

This was on a 20 acre tract that is 300 feet from bottom to top in elevation change. That cedar was against the powerlines at the bottom of the property. So the hinge wood was left very thick and then it was pulled over (uphill away from lines) with a big excavator. Nobody was left close when it got pulled over incase it slid back down the hill.

Gnarly ass tract of timber. Lots of MUD!! See the power lines at the bottom? That Cedar was cut on the left on the face of that droppoff.

Is that cut on a dimensional mill or a bandsaw?

Im mostly cutting Cedar and Fir.

That was cut from both sides with a mighty mite, a dimensional mill. We used to have timber slabbed in Belfair, the guys mill had an 8' throat. We are currently having a bandsaw mill fabbed with a 5' throat to slab the 270 old growth cedar burls we bought last year, many if which are Volkswagen sized. I don't think the fella in Belfair us doing it anymore...

Good deal. Im glad there was a reason for it as I see ALOT of hacks when it comes to falling timber as I have been doing it as a career for over 20 years. Whose shovel is that? Those old Cat A & B models were good machines.

We have to pull trees often on private jobs like that and it makes for a long and boring day!!! lol

Awesome craigslist post! SO much truth!

Hello I am posting this because there seems to be a lot of people out there trying to sell chainsaws for between 500 to 800 and I would like to pose a question, have you ever looked at what they sell for new ? do you go on ebay much and why do you happen to think that 044 with the metal tag is worth 750 dollars ? is it because the worn out oregon bar on there is so old it was used by Paul Newman himself in sometimes a great notion ? or was that saw no #1 off the assembly line when they first came out ? I don't get it how did a 250-300 dollar saw all of a sudden gain so much value please get real and price accordingly.
signed yours truly a chainsaw user

stihl ,046,044,066,ms440,ms460,ms660,chainsaw chainsaws

Cute little slabs ya got there, but them Alaska mills are too much work!:haha:lemme know if ya want something a little larger. i think the largest one weve sold recently was for a porch, it was spruce, 8'x 22', nice Stihl!:awesomework: :beer:

Where do you cut wood that big ? what kind of saw ?

Lake Union Logs

I recently got ahold of about 50 logs that have been submerged in Lake Union for 75 years.

They are fir, western red cedar, hemlock. The cedars have awesome blue mineral coloring. The firs and hemlocks have very nice worm holes. All logs are very solid and rot FREE.

Its absolutely amazing that they look like new inside after being in the mud/water for 75 years.

My saw problem is REEEAAL bad!

This dont include all the Husqvarnas too!

Got two 056 MagnumII saws. One from a buddy and one from Skidmark. Made this one out of all the best parts. I have enough to put one more together. 94CCs of beastly torque. Sounds pretty mean.

It eats 3 foot wood like candy!

Last edited:

Not an 056 (81cc), not an 056 Super (87cc), but an 056 MAGNUM II (94cc)!!!

Good eye! Cant get **** past a logger! I was told these 056MagIIs are hard to find and were sold by Stihl reps to logging companies but not dealers. It even has dual exhaust with a sweet side pipe.

The other one I have has massive compression. Im looking for a TS400 ignition swap and a expansion chamber pipe. HOTSAW time!

So far the list

Stihls,

015T
S10
Ms200T
026Pro
026pro (#2)
051Av
056MagII
056MagII (#2)
066Mag

Huskys

44Practica
61Rancher
357XP

I need an intervention!

So far the list

Stihls,

015T
S10
Ms200T
026Pro
026pro (#2)
051Av
056MagII
056MagII (#2)
066Mag

Huskys

44Practica
61Rancher
357XP

I need an intervention!
I'll intervene, and take one of the two 056Mags, the extra 026Pro, and the 61Rancher off your hands! :redneck:

Not an 056 (81cc), not an 056 Super (87cc), but an 056 MAGNUM II (94cc)!!!

Good eye! Cant get **** past a logger! I was told these 056MagIIs are hard to find and were sold by Stihl reps to logging companies but not dealers. It even has dual exhaust with a sweet side pipe.

The other one I have has massive compression. Im looking for a TS400 ignition swap and a expansion chamber pipe. HOTSAW time!

I started falling timber with an 056 mag II. You could buy them from a saw shop but only ones like Cutters Supply,Madsens, Cascade Loggers Supply, ect carried them. Great saws. Not alot of chain speed but it would pull a 54" bar as easily as a 32" bar.

I'd save the one from hotsaw doom if it were me as you can het good money if you find the right collector.