• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big Brown

Peanut Gallery

Here is my 1993 F-150 5.0L V8 4x4 ExtraCab Longbed.

Shortly after I brought her home.
DSCN2824.jpg

A few months later after a few upgrades.
DSCN2845.jpg

Still not quite 100% sure witch direction to go with this rig. But looking more twards keeping it a tow/recovery rig. Orignaly thinking along the lines of a Expedition style rig and many go that route. :cool:

I am working on getting it running a bit better, chasing down a knocking issue right now. :mad: Next up would be replacing the cracked exhust manifold, witch I am not looking forward to because of all the rust that is on the underside of the rig.

Would like to go with a 4" lift for it but not quite sure if I will because I will be towing with it, I have heard of 2.5" leveling kits and might look into those.
Also woundering how big of a winch I need for a 5500Lb truck?

Here is my 1993 F-150 5.0L V8 4x4 ExtraCab Longbed.

Still not quite 100% sure witch direction to go with this rig. But looking more twards keeping it a tow/recovery rig. Orignaly thinking along the lines of a Expedition style rig and many go that route. :cool:

I am working on getting it running a bit better, chasing down a knocking issue right now. :mad: Next up would be replacing the cracked exhust manifold, witch I am not looking forward to because of all the rust that is on the underside of the rig.

Would like to go with a 4" lift for it but not quite sure if I will because I will be towing with it, I have heard of 2.5" leveling kits and might look into those.
Also woundering how big of a winch I need for a 5500Lb truck?

If your only going to have the winch for occasional use then a 8000# would be fine. Just always carry a snatch block. In reality you should always have a winch that is rated for twice the rigs weight so a 10,000 would be more suited for this truck even a 12,000 if your thinking on using it a lot.