• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big tires or little tires

JAWS

With just a big tires or little tires. In your own peronal opion whitch one does more damage to the trails?

It's not the tire size. it's the idiot drivers, but idiot drivers with big tires will do more damage than idiot drivers with little tires.

BTW: you CAN use a winch for more than just getting unstuck. :awesomework: shocker??

end of thread, carry on. :haha:

Last edited:
Driver.......

with small tires
Why?

most new wheelers drive like idiots, cause they don't know better. most new wheelers havn't progressed to bigger tires.

ergo, you will find more small tired rigs doing more damage to the trail than large tires simply because of volume

It's the driver behind the wheel---tire size alone doesn't make up all the damage;
In some cases, bigger tires with an intelligent driver can have the potential for less damage, while in other cases/situations smaller tires with an idiot behind the wheel have the potential for more damage than the scenario mentioned prior given the same trail conditions/obstacles...

Driver.

That typed. A big tired rig unequivically has the CAPACITY to do more damage than a similarly equipped small tire vehicle.

I guarantee, that my 37s CAN do more damage than my 33s ever thought about doing.

But it's all about the DRIVER. Because as an experienced driver, I can go places with my 37s without ever spinning a tire, that my 33s would have had to throttle up. Ergo, in that case, the 33s would have done more damage. However, if I had throttled up the 37s in the same situation, they would have done more damage. So it goes right back to DRIVER.

Driver.

That typed. A big tired rig unequivically has the CAPACITY to do more damage than a similarly equipped small tire vehicle.

I guarantee, that my 37s CAN do more damage than my 33s ever thought about doing.

But it's all about the DRIVER. Because as an experienced driver, I can go places with my 37s without ever spinning a tire, that my 33s would have had to throttle up. Ergo, in that case, the 33s would have done more damage. However, if I had throttled up the 37s in the same situation, they would have done more damage. So it goes right back to DRIVER.

ok, just being the devil advocate, why would say a 38 x 12.5 swamper do more damage than a 33x 12.5 swamper?
same width, similar tread depth, same patern..:stirpot:

I'm not agueing with you.

.......without ever spinning a tire......

Why have you (and many others) equated "damage" to the amount of earth one moves in a single maneuver? TRUE......your point about the capacity is undeniable. But one must use the capacity. Damage = Driver.

The direction and placement of the trail is MUCH more at blame to said damage than the tire traversing the terrain.:awesomework:

Why have you (and many others) equated "damage" to the amount of earth one moves in a single maneuver? TRUE......your point about the capacity is undeniable. But one must use the capacity. Damage = Driver.

The direction and placement of the trail is MUCH more at blame to said damage than the tire traversing the terrain.:awesomework:

I don't. There's been many a rocky ledge that the 37s simply contour up and over. However the 33s would have had to bounce up, which often can cause rocks to kick out, thereby changing (or damaging) the trail for the next vehicle.

Now it can be argued that the evolution of a trail is NOT damage, but rather simple evolution, whether that makes it easier or harder (which are both also OK) So I suppose the real question was how to define what the OP meant by the word "damage".

Typical rig running big tires also has big diffs so there goes the "big tires dig deeper" argument....It isn't about tires at all it's all driver.