• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Big tires or little tires

Had a rig with big tires, wheeled it it was great, went back to my old rig with little tires, wheeled it and hated life! Imho smaller tires do more damage
1. They have to use the winch all the time, and not everyone uses tree hugging straps so they will cause more damage to the trail

2. People with smaller tires have to use differant approach angles to get over an obsticle, which damages the trail

3. People with small tires build bypasses, and so do atv's!!!

4. People with small tires usually clog up the trail, forcing big rigs to make a bypass to either turn around or to go around

5. How many times have you seen an idiot trying to go thru a trail with a stock rig, that had no business being on that trail, and now you have to spend an entire day dragging an anchor behind you, because you are not the type of person to let an idiot get stranded out there by himself, so you help them out since u have big tires and you know you can actually do the trail.

I can go on about this subject for a while, but as long as there is a group of people talking about a subject, noone is ever going to agree, so this should be a poll, and just cast a vote and see the results

Sad to say but alot of "new" wheelers run out and go for big tires and big power cause they watched the TTC video and want to be cool. I know a guy who runs 35's and cause he just slams the skinny pedal and does not think about his line AT ALL he will do more "DAMAGE" in the same trail then I would in his rig. It does not matter what the tire is its the driver.

Had a rig with big tires, wheeled it it was great, went back to my old rig with little tires, wheeled it and hated life! Imho smaller tires do more damage
1. They have to use the winch all the time, and not everyone uses tree hugging straps so they will cause more damage to the trail

2. People with smaller tires have to use differant approach angles to get over an obsticle, which damages the trail

4. People with small tires usually clog up the trail, forcing big rigs to make a bypass to either turn around or to go around

5. How many times have you seen an idiot trying to go thru a trail with a stock rig, that had no business being on that trail, and now you have to spend an entire day dragging an anchor behind you, because you are not the type of person to let an idiot get stranded out there by himself, so you help them out since u have big tires and you know you can actually do the trail.

I can go on about this subject for a while, but as long as there is a group of people talking about a subject, noone is ever going to agree, so this should be a poll, and just cast a vote and see the results

Interseting :awesomework:

Bored drivers with large tired rigs because they over-built their rig for the system are just as bad - probably worse. I've seen the damage first hand.

It's the driver behind the wheel---tire size alone doesn't make up all the damage;
In some cases, bigger tires with an intelligent driver can have the potential for less damage, while in other cases/situations smaller tires with an idiot behind the wheel have the potential for more damage than the scenario mentioned prior given the same trail conditions/obstacles...

X2 on this!

Bored drivers with large tired rigs because they over-built their rig for the system are just as bad - probably worse. I've seen the damage first hand.

That would be all driver.:awesomework: Seen this a few times where a guy in a full built rig that is more then needed BY FAR get bored and try to climb the side of the trail or cut the turns on the switch back trail.

That would be all driver.:awesomework: Seen this a few times where a guy in a full built rig that is more then needed BY FAR get bored and try to climb the side of the trail or cut the turns on the switch back trail.

Which goes back to what I said originally, it's the driver.

But given the same bad driver in a built rig on big tires vs. one with small tires. The big tires will do far more damage.

The FS is looking into installing 33 inch tires on all active log skidders to cut down on damage done by the lighter footprint the current 6 foot tires are leaving.

:haha:

Just cuz its the cool new thing, I have some little 36s for my next rig. WeeWees.:D

It's all Driver...... doesn't matter the tire size, width, length or horsepower. Put an uneducated, inexperienced, ignorant, or asshat who doesn't care behind the wheel and you will get more damage from one pass through a trail than if you had half the wheelers on this board in a line going down the same trail.