• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bill's Booty Fab fix for a buck thread

Bill

Keeping a trail rig ready to do 70mph home after a day of thrashing has proven to be interesting over the years but I think I got it down now....
Last couple of things have been the gas tank and OBA

Since I had a new tank to work with I figured I would put a fuel gauge sending unit in this one

jeep001.jpg

jeep014.jpg

I kinda modified the pick up for the mafnum motor, it has been working like this for years

jeep004.jpg

My York was getting real tired! Found one in a 62 Merc and it is the big one.
I put my pulley that I machined for a serpantine belt on it and changed the plumbing as required. Pumped it up to 100psi and it is still holding. I do have a check valve in there but was still leaking down bad last time out
The intake is a lawnmower air filter that I slit and clamped on....I have had it suck from the engine aircleaner in the past but I have enough hoses and crap on top of my motor

jeep018.jpg

jeep019.jpg

You also can see my booty fab powersteering reservoir

Forgot...when I went to multiport things were kinda tight so a access hole was required and it is nice to be able to pull the pump without having to drop the tank

jeep017.jpg

Never Ever trust someone elses impact!
5 days in Hutcinson Ks

Kansas002.jpg

no centers were available and my spare was for trail use only

Hutchinson019.jpg

Hutchinson028.jpg

Hutchinson035.jpg

Hutchinson036.jpg

was just over on pirate and now feeling very humble....I need to win the lotery

and I still have all my press paraphernalia from my last press so bending stuff is in the future too:cheer:

adapted my press brake for the new press and it won't build pressure....air or stuck poppet....

I need to make another lower die or find someone to machine one for me....that one has seen better days

stretching the front here.
also raised the mount to keep with the nice riding lift springs but keeping my ride hight

frontsprings002.jpg

rebuilding the bootyfab steering box mount too

frontsprings011.jpg