• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Boat Upholstery

pjprice

Does anyone know of any dependable/fairly quick shops that could redo a boat (seats, sundeck, side panels) around North Alabama? Thanks in advance!

If you don't have any luck, when I lived in Nashville I used a guy in Tullahoma, TN. Probably about an hour and half from you.

To say I have some serious issues when it comes to standards for my boat is an understatement, I don't just let anyone work on it. This guy did a full complete factory restoration exactly how I wanted it (factory look) and to say I was impressed was an understatement. And he wasn't expensive for the work either. I'm in Birmingham now, and I have two other cushions that weren't done at the time. I'll be taking them up to him when they are due.

Tullahoma Seat Cover
Address: 339 W Lincoln St, Tullahoma, TN 37388
Phone: (931) 455-0378

pjprice said:
Does anyone know of any dependable/fairly quick shops that could redo a boat (seats, sundeck, side panels) around North Alabama? Thanks in advance!

Did you buy a rig yet?

Why are you asking about boats?

Is your rig named "the boat", if so that's cool.

:rolf: :stir:

Long story short my boat has been at a shop for close to a year now and to say I'm fed up is an understatement so I'm willing to take it anywhere within a decent drive to get it done right and have a boat for the summer. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely give him a call.

Broady- I'm just waiting for you to pass the yota down! :spin:

Just south of Birmingham In Pelham off the tank farm exit of I65 is an upholstery shop called "Super Upholstery Team" and they are inexpensive/ fast. I have used them a few times on my and been happy with their work. Give them a shout. thumb
edit; If you are in a hurry, he has turned my stuff around in the past in 2 days usually. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Ken's Upholstery in Guntersville just redone a couple of bolster seats for me, he is good, only does boats, he had them done in about 3 weeks, but not so cheap. 1-256-302-1437

zukimaster said:
Ken's Upholstery in Guntersville just redone a couple of bolster seats for me, he is good, only does boats, he had them done in about 3 weeks, but not so cheap. 1-256-302-1437

Ken passed away last year, but his son is keeping it going

CHASMAN9 said:
Just south of Birmingham In Pelham off the tank farm exit of I65 is an upholstery shop called "Super Upholstery Team" and they are inexpensive/ fast. I have used them a few times on my and been happy with their work. Give them a shout. thumb
edit; If you are in a hurry, he has turned my stuff around in the past in 2 days usually. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

Awesome, I was looking for someone local to take my boat to after this season. :dblthumb:

pjprice said:
Long story short my boat has been at a shop for close to a year now and to say I'm fed up is an understatement so I'm willing to take it anywhere within a decent drive to get it done right and have a boat for the summer. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely give him a call.

Broady- I'm just waiting for you to pass the yota down! :spin:

I'd go get my boat.

And the yota isn't going anywhere in the near future. ;)

5BrothersFabrication said:
Pholmann is your man. He worked for Malibu Boats in the interior dept.

No ****? I worked on and off for a buddy at a Malibu Dealership when they got covered up. I'd like to have a 01ish wakesetter, that's one of my favorite boats.

I did work at Malibu boats when I was younger. I started out building the interior inner structures and then transferred to interior install. I taught myself how to do some upholstery work a few years ago but I am not that great at it. I had never even turned a sewing machine on. The boat turned out pretty decent, but it was a bitch. I dropped mine off to a guy here in Knoxville the other day to redo my boat. He said about a month to do mine completely. He does excellent work at a good price. Good, fast and cheap. Pick two. That's how it generally works with most things.

I give 1200 bucks to get these two seats done, I like to ****, but I called two different shops and they was only 50 apart. Said they was mo fo's to do and they had 4 different colors.
85cc4a01d8e8907695d69edb5b002d4f.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah upholstery work is a "you get what you pay for" industry. Especially for boats.

In my opinion there's no such thing as great fast and cheap. Unless you know the guy and he owes you mega favors. Then he's just decent and cheap.

Like sue on fast n loud. That woman is freakin amazing. She has covered many things for us. Was she cheap? Absolutely not

Did she blow expectations out of the water? You dang right. It's what you pay for.

Moral of the story, don't be a cheap ass. Lol

Spring and summer is usually a bad time of year to get anything done quick, but tullahoma seat cover does some awesome work. Good prices too. They usually have some high dollar hot rods they are doing work on too.
Had a whole interior done on a Larson deck boat a few years back. I was amazed. Looked better than new....no joke

Thanks for all the input. I talked to the guy that has mine, gave him a time frame and if it's not done by then I will be picking it up to take it elsewhere, probably Tullahoma. As stated above, this is the worst time to do it as I've contacted most listed places and everybody says they are a month and a half+ out. I'm just trying to get it sea-worthy for now and will make it look nice in the future if I decide to keep it.

Yeah, tis the season for sure. As JT said Tullahoma is a small shop and you might see some sick rides in there as well. Mine was next to a bagged caddy. Definitely sexy. The shop looks a little rough, and the "front area" if you call it that is hilarious to say the least, I was very skeptical, but the work they did was beyond solid. Don't let the shop appearance fool ya if you go.