• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

boatside work

tonyt

I get bored easily. pulled the rockrails off my rig and started cutting sheetmetal.

here's what I've got so far. drivers side is majority of the way done. boatsides are 1/4inch steel. some more work to do to panel it up, plus need tubing caps.

ghetto I know, but it keeps me away from the couch and eating bags of cheetos.

boatside1.jpg

boatside2.jpg

boatside3.jpg

boatside4.jpg

boatside5.jpg

Right on man, Boatside turned out to be one of the best mod's I ever did to my last rig . ( full sheetmetal rig... ) Youll love it in big rocks dood ! :dblthumb:

thanks.

narrowed the body probably 8inches cutting it back like that. I think its gonna be awesome. plus it tucks the cowl in tighter, which I always seem to be smashing/bashing. LOL.

bout $150 in materials and a few nights work to do the driver side. hopefully the passenger side will go as quickly. pretty cheap modification for the benefits I think.

Thats right, shoot you'll wish you would have done it sooner man. Get some pics of the finished product thumb.gif

finished up most of the passenger side in the last couple days.

just alot of sheetmetal work left now.

decided to build my new rig out of cardboard. :****:

mocking up some panels. excuse the shitty cowl sheetmetal. I gotta get some help from somebody that can make that cowl look halfway decent. I'm thinkin BONDO

panels are just a mockup at this point. I'm fixing to cut the "chassis" behind the seats and stretch it out a bit for more storage in the rear. wheelbase won't change.

can't decide if I wanna put a doorbar up higher. I think it makes the paneling look cleaner, but it brings teh suk for getting in and out of

cardboardbuggy1.jpg

cardboardbuggy3.jpg