• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brainwashed

So I got the front together with the new updated parts. For those of you who have ordered them--or thinking of doing so---the front is now VERY tight--VERY nice and well worth the $25. Mine was never tight from day one---but regardless do it..
moa83.jpg

So another thing I am changing--is the steering again. I am going with the first mount I made--but redid the extensions from the axle to the mount since I got my cutter dialed in for these small parts.. But the one reason I went away from this setup was due to horn damage or servo damage from the horn being hit--so I came up with a game plan--time will tell if it works. But of course I am alot lighter in the front so there won't be as much weight smacking the horn when upside down. But in any case I made this..
moa84.jpg

moa85.jpg

And here is what that part does.
moa86.jpg

moa87.jpg

moa88.jpg

moa89.jpg

If it looks like it might bend on very hard hits--it would be extreemly easy to run a small extension from the back of the protector to the upper link mount.. But I am pretty sure it will do its intended job..

And of course--I had to redo the electronics. It was trickier than expected to get them down into the belly of the rig--I had to resolder all of the leads at the punk dig switch and ESC--but it all turned out as I wanted.
moa90.jpg

moa91.jpg

I took it out and tested it---it definately sidehills better now--and everything else worked great as before--happy with it once again..

that thing is just awsome mike!!! what tires are those ? they look similar to the pro line chisels with more side tread? i just switched to lipo batterys and am hoping it's worth the money?

that thing is just awsome mike!!! what tires are those ? they look similar to the pro line chisels with more side tread? i just switched to lipo batterys and am hoping it's worth the money?

Those are the HB white dot rovers (blue dot are not at sticky--white dots are like red label crawlers). Lipos--I will never go back. What lipo's did you go with? 2 cell or 3 cell?

well i have a rooster crawler in the jeep one and went with a 2 cell kuss thats what they siad it could handle, in my buggy i have a little tekin one that might handle more but not sure yet? i am not brushless yet but plan to be.i picked up a set of pro line chisels from a friend on nice rims for $20 and love them, won't go back to small tires. where can you get those tires you have?

what battery do you run crash?

Here is what I am currently running

http://www.allerc.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_4_93&products_id=4537

These are the new hotness-- G3 3 cell lipos. They have more constant voltage drop--and you can charge them at 5 amps safely--which you could never do on any prior lipos. I have 3 of them--and ordered 3 more.

before on my old zippy 2 cell 1450Mah packs--it would take 70 minutes to charge because you could only max at 1amp. With these new 3rd gen/G3 packs it takes me 25 minutes to charge a pack now :awesomework:

cool, i just got into lipo and bought what they said was good at the hobby shop whuch is a losi 3300mh 7.4 v. not sure to much about lipo's but the run time is huge compared to my old nmh bats.i did find some white dot rovers this last weekend, and they grip pretty good, i also have some chisels and i personally really like them also.

cool, i just got into lipo and bought what they said was good at the hobby shop whuch is a losi 3300mh 7.4 v. not sure to much about lipo's but the run time is huge compared to my old nmh bats.i did find some white dot rovers this last weekend, and they grip pretty good, i also have some chisels and i personally really like them also.

Just remember--treat those lipo's nicely--don't dent them, don't get them cold and if they start to expand---get away,lol..

Yep, take care of those lipos. They are awesome but they need to be watched and balanced. If they puff up, don't try to charge them or run them. That cell is done. You can usually salvage the other cells but those puffed ones are toast and shouldn't be messed with at all!

what do you mean cold? like don't run it in the snow or outside in winter? i bought a fairly nice charger,can't remember brand , but it has ports in the end to plug something into, and a fan to cool the charger, and only hooks up to a car battery. has a red stop button and a little black dial/ wheel to adjust. am i suposed to run a ballancer on the battery? they said i didn't?

You don't want the lipos to get too hot but that generally doesn't happen unless you have horrible gearing, a horrible pack, or are pulling too many amps off the pack (aka, using a lower end pack with higher end gear).

Which charger is it? Some come with a balancer built in, and yes, you want a balancer.

You don't want the lipos to get too hot but that generally doesn't happen unless you have horrible gearing, a horrible pack, or are pulling too many amps off the pack (aka, using a lower end pack with higher end gear).

Which charger is it? Some come with a balancer built in, and yes, you want a balancer.

Ya--but it depends on the burst ratings of the pack. reason most folks really need to do a little learning on lipos..

Yeah PLEASE do your homework. RC Monster has a great forum on all of this if you want more advice. They'll even tell you what manufacturers have bogus C ratings *cough*maxamps!*cough*