• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brainwashed

Nice looking setup you got there Mike! I miss crawlin, I found a few videos from some of the comps the other day. hopefully one day I can get a new job and get back into it.

So a little update. So last week I was out practicing when I heard that damn noise I hate--buzz/zing noise from the servo.. Tore it apart and I ripped a few teeth off the one plastic gear (rides against the motor gear). Well of course its not going to be warranteed but thats fine. Nobody stocks the gear set and I was able to find the part number for that one particular gear(like 8$). Well--they won't have them till the middle of november--****. I said screw it and ordered another servo and I will report back on this one..

So back to some good stuff.... So getting some more drive time with the rig--I could feel what I wanted to change and tweek to make it as best as I can.

I started by wanting to roll the chassis a tad forward to get close to a 60/40 setup. I also wanted to redo the lower links to get them up a lil more and raise the rig 1/2" to 3 1/2" belly clearance..

So I went and redid the lower links and shock placement.

moa92.jpg

moa93.jpg

And here is how the rig sat

moa94.jpg

So now this was done and I got the rig how I wanted--I chose to redo the chassis as well. I wanted to lighten it up and be able to drop the body down.

So after some measurements, drilling, cutting and filing I came up with a new design/V.2 of the chassis. I was really happy with how this turned out. The origional chassis was 2.8 ouz and the new one is 1.6ouz. But here is the new one.

moa95.jpg

Here is how the new chassis sits.

moa96.jpg

I also mounted the reciever on the front links. on the old chassis I made cross mounts for the body post's. I went and modified the cross posts for the shocks and incorpurated the body posts into them. With how much shorter the chassis is and how I did the body posts I can now really drop the body.

moa97.jpg

And here is how the body sits.. I still have to replace the front body post--the one thats on it is too short,lol..

moa98.jpg

Looks good Mike! Got a lot of funky bends in those links. The new chassis looks good. What are you using to cut your chassis plates with, a bandsaw?

I'm hoping to have a version 2 of my chassis done by the comp, I just made up a basic one to test some suspension setups for now, hopefully I have enough time to refine it a bit more before then.

Looks good Mike! Got a lot of funky bends in those links. The new chassis looks good. What are you using to cut your chassis plates with, a bandsaw?

I'm hoping to have a version 2 of my chassis done by the comp, I just made up a basic one to test some suspension setups for now, hopefully I have enough time to refine it a bit more before then.

Its a craftsman scrol saw. Its actually a wood saw but works pefect for thing alum..

Ya, you have to do some interesting bends to get around the diffs....

get r done les :awesomework:

Huh, never thought about using a scroll saw, I've got one or two of those around here somewhere, that will be a lot easier than the hacksaw I have been using. :redneck:

Version 1 is together and ready to go, it will be hitting the rock tomorrow after work, if everything goes well and it doesn't need much tweaking I will make a prettier lighter weight version 2 before the comp.

I can't wait for the comp, see if my cobbled together shafty can hang with your fancy ass MOA rig. :D

So as many of us do--we reform/improve our rigs.
Here is my origional battery plate.
moa99.jpg

I wanted to lighten it up and roll it closer to the center of the axle. So here is the new battery plate
moa100.jpg

And when I got home today I had a box waiting. I picked it up and thought---is there anything in it.
Here is my new bling
moa101.jpg

They are VP SLW's with the sidest hub in the front and the one below it on the rear. I am running white dot rovers.

Well got them all mounted up. I didn't add any weight to the rears but added 2.90 ouz to the fronts

moa102.jpg

I also replaced my body because it was cracked to hell and changed the paint sceme a bit and also finally got some of those clip holders--finally

moa103.jpg