• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brainwashed

Another thing I was happy about was the fact the shocks are now tucked under the body and won't be getting slammed and stuck on the top edges like they were.

moa163.jpg

I have to put my new novak foams in tommorow and saturday will see what it does--and if it breaks the mount off. I am also contiplating doing the same thing for the front,,,

moa164.jpg

Ok an update. Went out saturday to the mono and put it to the test. Well you know how you have one of those falls--where the rig hits with a sudded stop and you swear the ground shook,lol. Well took one of those 1 in a thousand falls that landed quite litereally perfect. Was about a 2ft drop onto the back of the rig. Well it bent the mount and one screw that held it to the housing.
moa165.jpg

You can see the bend was right across the hole I drilled to save some weight--ya bad idea.
You can also see how perfect of a hit it was--bend the rod end screw.
moa166.jpg

So I build a new one and this time no hole. I also incorpurated the screw that holds the case together thats hidden behind the stock link mount. So no hole and 3 screws--lets see how this holds up.

moa167.jpg

I also build one for the front and did the very same thing.

moa168.jpg

moa169.jpg

And I decided to go back to my old body. I liked the concept of the bodyless setup--but my big issue was the fact that the bodyless body was about 10 grams heavier than my old body--and a decent amount of that weigth was up high. Also there was no "give" when you flopped over.
moa170.jpg

Update----
Well I wasn't happy with that link configuration. It didn't climb near as well as it did before and the same with sidehilling. So I went back to the stock upper link mounts with one exception. I filed down the rounded area where the metal portion of the rod end sat. This will give a tad more trianglulation, let the mounting screw be shorter(less prone to bending) and keep the edge of the ball from rounding out.
moa171.jpg

I also bent the new front uppers to give more room to better mount the reciever off the front links.
moa172.jpg

Another thing I didn't like was how angled the shocks were. even with increasing the spring rate to compensate I still didn't think they were as affective. I went and reworked my chassis to allow the shocks to have less angle. Once setup I limited them on extension for a 3" belly clearance---the rig seems much more stable now.
moa173.jpg

And in preperation for this weekends Axial Qualifier down south I chose to go with a new body. This will be my first non trucky body--Losi Grapler. I found the fitment very nice with the body being a tad over 5" wide.
moa174.jpg

moa175.jpg

moa176.jpg

Not sure. Still trying to figure out my plan. Is there a chance you have an extra seat in your rig for the early morn saturday run?

Not sure. Still trying to figure out my plan. Is there a chance you have an extra seat in your rig for the early morn saturday run?

I can find out--I am riding down with JB and the gang. I think Nate is meeting us down south and following. But I can find out--be cool to see ya down there. Going to be some big dogs there...

Crash,

Do you run two speed controllers? I'm still trying to figure out how guys do a front dig with a single speed controller on a MOA rig.

Crash,

Do you run two speed controllers? I'm still trying to figure out how guys do a front dig with a single speed controller on a MOA rig.

There are a few different ways to do it.

You can run dual speed controls you need a 4 channel radio other wise it can be done via 3 channel 3 pos radio. This can be done by 2 methods. The first is a micro switch's and a servo to make a dig switch. The other and much preferred method is the punkrc dig switch.

you can also run dual esc with a 3 channel radio and novak dig switch.Its a lighter setup than the punk
There are a few different ways to do it.

You can run dual speed controls you need a 4 channel radio other wise it can be done via 3 channel 3 pos radio. This can be done by 2 methods. The first is a micro switch's and a servo to make a dig switch. The other and much preferred method is the punkrc dig switch.

Well Vanquish finally came out with there new 850 hubs--just what I was waiting for so I ordered 2 sets.

moa177.jpg

Here they are next to the 750's

moa178.jpg

This time I am going to run equal width front/rear and see how I like it. But this will give me a 1/4" more width which is exactly what I have been wanting. I also pulled the front shafts and modded them for more steering angle. Tommorow night I will get the knuckles clearanced and then see if I need to change my steering with the extra travel.