• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy build "Indecision"

pholmann

Time to get serious about this now. Been kinda on the back burner for a bit, but it's time!

70f2151e223837db18c1e317ebcc4bbd_zps2e3c3995.jpg

Re: 3.8 supercharged buggy build

I'll revisit. Calm down. Lol. I posted as the wife walked by and was telling me we need to leave.

Ok on to a few specs. 60/14, 44 tsl's, 3.8 supercharged v6 from an 02 Grand Prix gtp, th 475 with a 2500 stall, Dana 300 with a lomax 4:1 kit, 18" fix shocks for the rear, 16" SAW shocks for the front. As for any more pics I'll take more as she comes along.

Currently building a different style rig than a bouncer, but using the same motor as you and was wondering who you are planing on using to flash your computer.

Thanks... just trying to get some input...these motors can make some crazy power cheaply...good luck with your build, will be following it!! thumb.gif

Thanks. Last time I spoke with them it was about 250 for a custom tune and to take the transmission PID's out. I may send my harness out too. I'm buttoning up a 71 bronco with a fuel injected 302 right now and it'll free up my shop to go all in with my build. Can't wait!!

I have found a cut down for the harness...its easy as hooking up trailer lights...if your interested I can pm you the link...its not hard at all to do and if it can save you some green to put some where else!!!

I do have to give a big thanks to Mike at 5bros fab for getting this started for me. Not because I couldn't do it myself, but because due to certain circumstances with family illness and death, I did not have the time to do it. Now that things have calmed down its time to get back to a little garage therapy. Mike truly is like a brother to me and has been for many years now. He is one hell of a fabricator and just a hell of a good dude for those that don't know him. I just wanted to give credit where it was due.

JStowers said:
I have found a cut down for the harness...its easy as hooking up trailer lights...if your interested I can pm you the link...its not hard at all to do and if it can save you some green to put some where else!!!

Feel free to PM me this link aa well sir! Very much appreciated. My L67 has been sitting outside for over a year now, glad to see more people using them.

JStowers said:

Please share I have a buddy doing this soon with a motor out of a 2000 Bonneville ssei and I been learnin anolg with him.

Id like see wiring also. [email protected]
wifes single seater supercharged 3.8/th350/205. jims did harness and ecm

Attachments

• slade 4 017.jpg
    slade 4 017.jpg
    804.4 KB · Views: 364

glad to see another l67 build… I have one I'm getting ready to start a transaxle setup with. I cut down my harness with info from alldatadiy... hit me up if you need pointers..

twistedzuki- you got any video's of the single seater? looks badass :****:

Went and tried to find the link again today...I first found it on pirate and download/print what I needed...going to try to scan them to send out to all requesting. I first bought mine to put in a fiero...but changed my mind after seeing the Matt Elder buggy on YouTube...will try to get this posted in the next couple days.

JStowers said:
Went and tried to find the link again today...I first found it on pirate and download/print what I needed...going to try to scan them to send out to all requesting. I first bought mine to put in a fiero...but changed my mind after seeing the Matt Elder buggy on YouTube...will try to get this posted in the next couple days.

Upload them to photobucket and post them for all. I'm interested in a l67 for my Zuk buggy.

OK here's the best I can do right now. This is what seems to be the general cut down. Pulled these from 3800 series ii help on pirate...its a very good thread to check. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• diag 3 (1).jpg
    diag 3 (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 3,811
  • diag2 (1).jpg
    diag2 (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 3,768
  • untitled (1).jpg
    untitled (1).jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,785

JStowers said:

Y'all, it'd be so much cheaper (and easier) to just but Elder's old buggy :dunno:

Its a great buggy...just not my style. I am using most of what I already had so it will be more beneficial to build my own and learn.

Latest posts