• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy floors??

simpletoy

I'm getting pretty far with my buggy and I have expanded metal as my floor but nothing under my seat? Is it suggested to run something or what do most people run? I don't want mud, dirt, rocks, etc to build up under it so what do ppl use? My floors are 12 gauge expanded metal

I dimple died 16 gauge sheet metal in the last buggy I built and it looked and worked so nice I'm doing the same on one of the two buggies I'm doing right now, I out the flared side down so dirt sweep right out them and it's very rigid and not flimsy

Post some pics!

I also am using expanded sheet

It cheap and simple, and also easy to clean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no metal at all under the seats of white trash. The seats are recessed into the floor to get them lower. CSC left about an inch wide gap around the seats which lets me rinse the mud into the belly pan the spray it out completely.
Edit: bombshell has metal under the seats. 16 gauge aluminum

Jerod, you ever have sticks or anything kick up into the bottom of the seats? With kirkeys I never worried cuz it has a seat pan , we went with corbeua seats on the one and prp on the other and I've been pondering this same issue cuz the seats sit low like you speak of and there really isn't a good way to sheet metal under them, but after looking I'm afraid of a stick or something kickin up into your ass!

That's my worry I have suspension seats also and don't want to get a stick go through the seat and was wondering thoughts on it?

No problems yet. The lower frame rails are far enough apart that the belly pan seems to deflect everything.

Holy Moly! I would definatly want sheet metal under my feet and under my seats. Seems totally worth it when your strapped in a racing seat, and a stick decides to poke through the bottom of your seat. :****:

I changed the collectors witch turned the exhaust straight out and then wrapped them in exhaust tape, also made a heat shield ... I'll get a picture of it, the exhaust aims forward with two slash cut pipes like showtime has

The owner is a bigger guy so he wanted more room, I'm 5'8 and barely reach the pedals , you feel little to no heat off exhaust through the shield, the headers are wrapped right out to the kick out so it's pretty insulated

Any more pictures? I'm getting ready to start on the floors in my buggy and need some ideas.