• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy Leafs

Newb

Tech links on the Buggy Leaf setup-up as well as for the traction bar...
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460751 My thread on pirate4x4 without getting flamed. :looser:

Parts that have arrived...
d18dbcaa.jpg

Tools... :clappy:
Picture013.jpg

Stock U-Bolt cut in half. I was consider using these to run through the center pin hole and up through the frame just behind where the U-Bolts holding up the buggy leafs are gonna be. This would require drilling out the hole & im still not certain I want to do it that way... Suggestions, reasons why or why not?
Picture014.jpg

Heres the springs being cut, I forgot to take pics of the it after i cut the center pin out. Also I just used the original spring clamp and just hammered it down tight over both springs. I couldn't get the bolt out of the front spring hanger and the torch is out of oxygen (The reason for all the hammers :D ) at the moment so I just cut them off where I wanted them. Oh yeah this is a donor truck don't worry. :cool:
Picture012.jpg

Here there are all cleaned up and primed...
Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture018.jpg

And of coarse painted...
Picture020.jpg

Picture019.jpg

I'm planning on installing the U-Bolt flip kits and using the stock U-Bolts to mount the buggy leafs. For the traction bar I'm going to use the slip design with three heim joints.

**More pics as it comes along.
smokin.gif

One thing I am going to suggest is to run a track bar because one thing that you will run into with a buggy leaf is when you droop the rear and under power the hosuing is going to want to walk forward causing the leaf to bend or break..

Yup got it covered, I'm pretty much going to base it of the slip design that 4rnrick did & and a few company's make. Tubing with 3/4" heims at all three points. Hey Crash do you have any good pics of rear shock displacements in either this || or this / \ that are not of a tubed rear?

Newb said:
Yup got it covered, I'm pretty much going to base it of the slip design that 4rnrick did & and a few company's make. Tubing with 3/4" heims at all three points. Hey Crash do you have any good pics of rear shock displacements in either this || or this / \ that are not of a tubed rear?

I will have to see if I have any pics from rigs I have done. The rear is pretty simple really. Either use the stock crossbar to mount them/build a riser in the center to push the shocks to the bottom of the bed/whack the bar out and build a new one. And just mount the shocks on the housing near the spring perch's. One thing you will wanna do is definately get them as close to vert as possable to mkae them as efficiant as possable...

Thats cool I wasn't sure exactly where to put it. About the shocks I'd like to go more this || but I'm not running a buddy lift at the present & would rather just stay all suspension.

**'85 4Runner