• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buggy licensing?

Dogboy

I have this idea for a tube buggy "thing" (Honda/ front drive mounted sideways with normal axles front and rear) to reduce the trail use on my Ranger.

My question is though, if I go through with this idea (assuming my dad doesn't put a stop to it...) how would I got about licensing it? Is it possible to get a title for something home-built, so that I can get ORV tabs for it?

How do those of you with tube buggies/ built from scratch rigs, do it?

Thanks (I'm searching for the answer on google)

Last edited:
well on mine since it has part of a toyota frame I bought a title and vin placards off someone.

might be harder to do with something like that kid buggy in the chatter box.

well on mine since it has part of a toyota frame I bought a title and vin placards off someone.

might be harder to do with something like that kid buggy in the chatter box.

That was kinda my thought. I know rigs that are just heavily modified, you can just use the title/ plates and what not from the original car.
I guess if I put some cut up body panels from the donor car, then maybe I could do it that way, haha.
(And yes, the buggy in the chatter box/ the one on Xtreme 4x4 is what got me thinking about it. But if I do it, the thing will be a little bigger. I'm not 7 years old, :haha:)

Bodaciouscj7, thanks. I'll send him a message!

Last edited:
My buggy is a 85 toyota 4wd truck, I surrendered the title from my torn apart rig. If i didnt have the title i was going to have the st patrol inspect it and have then make a orv title. Surrendering a title for orv use only is way easy.