• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

buggy under construction

vinny

Here are a few pics of the buggy I am slowly building.
I have plenty left to do, but I am eager to finish it!!!

p.s. Hey Bobby and Odie!!!!!!

Later,
Vance W.

buggy1207003.jpg
[/IMG]

buggy1207002.jpg
[/IMG]

buggy1207004.jpg
[/IMG]

buggy1207007.jpg
[/IMG]

I know you are still in the build phase but...

Truss the 9" rear, on top and across the rear. Torque alone will bend that housing.

Who's chassis?

I like to look of the matched f/r tube "fenders".:cool:

Looks like an x-chassis.....but with more character.

Last edited:
I know you are still in the build phase but...

Truss the 9" rear, on top and across the rear. Torque alone will bend that housing.

Who's chassis?

Thanks for the input. I will certainly look into trussing the 9.

It is a modified Hendrix Formula Toy chassis. I got it from a friend who lost interest in doing the F-toy class.

Looks good!:awesomework:

More info please!

Basic specs are:
110 WB
5'9" to top of the cage
21-22 inches of flat belly clearance
4 linked, toy motor,tranny, cases[4.7 gears in rear case],17 Trail Ready's, 39.5 IROK's, narrowed 60 in the front, 4.88 , ARB's front and back, turning brakes in the rear, PSC double ended ram.
These are the parts either currently installed or sitting on the bench waiting...

The buggy should sit about 2 inches lower when it is done as compared to the pics.

Just trying to make a fun trail rig!:D

Cheers :beer:

Well... somehow I ended up with this crazy contraption. It's "ready" for Moab after some really long hours. Here are some pics.

Last edited:
Looks great:awesomework:, might want to wrap something around those power steering hoses. Hate for it to leak and cut into youre skin and get in youre blood, I know its not likely to happen but if it does it could ruin youre day.

back to the squirrle power huh! looks great hope you figured out the radiator.lets go wheelin...........

back to the squirrle power huh! looks great hope you figured out the radiator.lets go wheelin...........

The radiator sucks. When I get home I'll remount the winch next to the engine and lean the radiator back. Thanks for your help figuring out what size I need to order.

I have been in Moab for several days. The buggy climbs pretty well. The engine however is GARBAGE! Rod knocks, blown head gasket, and almost zero power. :rb:

Vance we are at spanish trail arena here in moab, come by and say hi if your still around. :cool: