• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying buggies

bobo said:
Neither my wife or I were born into money or "born lucky" whatever that means. Both our families are low end middle class who have worked their entire lives. We both have good college degrees in high demand fields and we both used student loans to pay for school (a bad idea in retrospect). We should have worked more & taken longer in school to come out free of debt. Student loans & a financed new car (after graduation) for the wife were the straw that broke the camels back for us.

Its all about how much risk you are willing to take and all debt comes with an element of a risk. No one knows what tomorrow holds. Most people would be surprised how much money you can save if you aren't giving a bank/banks its monthly stipend.

But to each their own.

Jeremy

Born lucky....Fall in a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. I know a couple people like this....They can always make something out of nothing. I never got the hang of it myself.

Financing a rig to me is kinda like a boat or motorcycle....Kill me to let it set while I make payments on it. I love the water...But don't own a boat for that reason. (its cheaper to ride with gdf anyway. laughing1 ) Be it a boat, buggy, SxS or whatever....If you want to finance it, and can, do it if it works for your situation. Financing a rig isn't for me, may work for some though. Don't make me no difference...I certainly ain't gonna say "pay cash or stay at the house."
I use a stock fund through work like a savings account more or less. Put X% in and then sell some when I need/want something.

Draco said:
Born lucky....Fall in a pile of **** and come out smelling like a rose. I know a couple people like this....They can always make something out of nothing. I never got the hang of it myself.

Financing a rig to me is kinda like a boat or motorcycle....Kill me to let it set while I make payments on it. I love the water...But don't own a boat for that reason. (its cheaper to ride with gdf anyway. laughing1 ) Be it a boat, buggy, SxS or whatever....If you want to finance it, and can, do it if it works for your situation. Financing a rig isn't for me, may work for some though. Don't make me no difference...I certainly ain't gonna say "pay cash or stay at the house."
I use a stock fund through work like a savings account more or less. Put X% in and then sell some when I need/want something.

This is true

true retirement is control of TIME AND MONEY age only becomes a factor if basing your retirement on government standards Cole is right, not many people think of this as a priority

Re:

My off-road rig is pretty shabby compared to most of the stuff on here, but I just got into the sport this year and bought what I could afford. Every time I turn around there is somebody asking how I can afford to be 22yrs old and afford all my toys ( I prob have too many, 2 jeeps, 2 motorcycles, boat, jet ski, and a classic truck) but I love to wheel and deal and have learned that the only way I buy something is if there is money to be made on it, that way I can sell or trade and move up. Oh of all my stuff the only thing I owe on is my Harley and my dd/tow rig, and if hard times ever hit I could sell a couple toys and pay those off quick.

I'm kinda in the same boat as someone else posted, growing up I never did without the necessities, but there were a lot of things my family simply couldn't afford. Then as a teenager I watched myn parents get way in over there head with debt trying to afford it all. All this molded me into a person who looks at every possible option and makes sure that I can afford everything without having to do without basic needs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What I have found to work for me is to be a :tc and follow the buggies around when they are ridding, wait for them to come rolling down the hill, then run up the hill and pick up all the money that fell out of their pockets while they were rolling. :****:

mdo817 said:
What I have found to work for me is to be a :tc and follow the buggies around when they are ridding, wait for them to come rolling down the hill, then run up the hill and pick up all the money that fell out of their pockets while they were rolling. :****:

haha, best idea yet

I was able to find a partially built rig and luckily pay cash for it but I have been in the fin world for a long time and I would fin anything if the bank would let me I can make more with my cash..

mdo817 said:

I'm start riding with this best damn idea there is and well make 2x the Coin working as a team molaugh

onetoncrawler said:
very good advise Mr. Ramsey ! haha

I agree on never financing toys either - I bought and sold rigs and parts to make a little extra here and there and saved every dollar I could to build all the rigs Ive had or bought.

= SUGAR MAMA. LOL!