• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Can we talk about the 1,000 hp elephant in the room?

Re: Re: Re: Can we talk about the 1,000 hp elephant in the room?

kmcminn said:
Sounds possible.

You got a website?
My phone is acting stupid.
Check out Sonny Racing Engines. Click on engines then drag racing engines. First one is 1000+ CI 2100HP NA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Everyone acts as if all the big block guys are running 454. To many aftermarket blocks and stroker kits. To easy to get 500+ CI now. You can do that with a factory block. But aftermarket wise you can get 700+fairly easy. Just depends on how deep you want to dig into your wallet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Steve Schmidt racing puts together 750+ cube motors out of the 5" bore space brodix block as well. 50k for 780 CI :eek: They do 900+ ci motors with the bigger brodix block to.

I can't argue how cool that is to have the ability to build 700 cube engines or argue the desire or need for them.

Though I just feel that when tuners and builders can get 550hp out of a transposing 2.5L Subaru engine or 600+ out of a 4.0L v8 Toyota/Lexus or 660hp out of a 5.0L BMW and all of those ponies being truly useable and daily driven even. Ok, minus the Subaru that explodes at 15lbs of boost, Lol, just seems silly to be building a million dollar 750 cube big block right?

Don't get me wrong it's cool and I love it when my chest shakes like an earthquake when an alcohol motor screams past at 300+ mph in front of me.

Just sharing my thoughts

I was very heavy in the LS world in the late '90s and early '00's and I built a 383 LS1 for my 99 Z28 back in the day. Forged crank, rods and pistons, 11:1 compression, TEA Stage 3 heads, 54lbs injectors, fast intake and TB, Long tube ceramic coated headers and every other goodie you could think of. It made 472 hp to the rear tires through a six-speed manual transmission. That is somewhere around 542 at the crank. I too have call bull **** on the "I put a cam and tune in it I have 500hp" crowd.

Back then if you put a great set of heads, good cam, some long tube headers and had an awesome tune you where going to pick up somewhere around 120 hp.

Another thing y'all are missing is the people claiming these powers are spitting out what the manufacturer advertises. Just because an engine on a stand with a carb and added fans for airflow makes 1400 horses doesn't mean it will when you put your fuel injection, ignition, and tune on it. Especially if its turned for driveability over retard unreliable numbers. I know of 3 buggies claiming over 800 horses because that's what the add says they made before they ordered it.

My U4 car is 631 at the crank. It's rowdy compared to a lot of the cars. You can hear it/feel it. Over the camp fires I have learned that most people claim 600hp but just arn't there and don't even really know. I know a racer on pushing 800 to the crank and he says it's largely unusable and nu-necessary power.

I would rather have 400HP and 40 spline shafts than Than 800HP knowing i've got all the parts near the danger zone. I feather a lot at 631 because I don't have a REID tranny, I've just got a built TH400 and no hardened shafts.

I would rather have 400HP and 40 spline shafts than Than 800HP knowing i've got all the parts near the danger zone. I feather a lot at 631 because I don't have a REID tranny, I've just got a built TH400 and no hardened shafts.[/b]
[/quote]

This is how I try to think. I would love a badass motor, but then I would be worried all the time about breakage. As of now I feel like my hp 60 is my weakest point or my regular th400 case

In the LS world 1000rwhp is pretty easy to acheive. Now factor in these big bouncer guys are running built twin turbo LS engines, built supercharged LS's. I can deff see 1000+ hp bouncers.... but not rwhp in a bouncer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181220-185226_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-185226_Facebook.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Screenshot_20181220-185232_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181220-185232_Facebook.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 161
When they sell after market fuel injection systems and fuel pumps,they give a HP rating. Is the a formula about amount of fuel consumed and the theatrical HP?

highrolrcustoms said:
In the LS world 1000rwhp is pretty easy to acheive. Now factor in these big bouncer guys are running built twin turbo LS engines, built supercharged LS's. I can deff see 1000+ hp bouncers.... but not rwhp in a bouncer
You can defenitly do it with a power adder and all the supporting mods, it's the crack heads that put a cam in and then claim 600 hp that make me LMFAO.

extremetownie said:
When they sell after market fuel injection systems and fuel pumps,they give a HP rating. Is the a formula about amount of fuel consumed and the theatrical HP?

http://blog.cantonracingproducts.com/blog/how_to_estimate_your_engines_fuel_flow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake-specific_fuel_consumption

Yes, its just the energy content of fuel. That's how they get those numbers, but that is theoretical max output

I don't know if you meant "theatrical" HP as a joke, or if it was a typo, but that is pretty damn funny! That's what we should start calling these bogus HP claims.

lt99ls1 said:
You can defenitly do it with a power adder and all the supporting mods, it's the crack heads that put a cam in and then claim 600 hp that make me LMFAO.

You can make a stupid amount of HP with a cammed 6.2 nowadays.
Not 600, but damn close to it.

TBItoy said:
http://blog.cantonracingproducts.com/blog/how_to_estimate_your_engines_fuel_flow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake-specific_fuel_consumption

Yes, its just the energy content of fuel. That's how they get those numbers, but that is theoretical max output

I don't know if you meant "theatrical" HP as a joke, or if it was a typo, but that is pretty damn funny! That's what we should start calling these bogus HP claims.

You know i aint smart enough to come up with that .Thanks i was trying to find those formulas.