• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Can we talk about the 1,000 hp elephant in the room?

I diddnt read the whole thread cause i have too much shits to do. HOWEVER, measuring horsepower at the crank is like measuring your **** behind your balls. I think the reason we do it is because it would really suck if you told everyone rear wheel horsepower numbers in a bouncer. "Hey man how much HP does that thing have?, man its a SOLID 326 hp" ohhhhh... as they loose interest.

Quoting crank HP sounds way cooler, your tape measure just gets a little poo on it ????????

For real though, crank HP on the handful of buggies we are building right now: 1,000 1,000 1,500 1,600 . All are supercharged, (2) have been engine dynoes.

The 1,600 hp blown big block buggy has a 2,000hp+ capeable engine. We aernt stupid. We toned it down to 1,600 cause i think it would be undriveable any higher and 1,600 i think is still pushing what our current drivetrains can handle. If the internet keyboard dyno masters want to talk crap we will swap pulleys on the blower and put down whatever HP numbers they say we cant hit.

I think pro rock should have a DYNO day before or after a race. I think a TON of people would watch that and we could see who the real king of HP is. Love yall, get off the internet and build something ????????

I always heard across the head was more important than actual length. There is probably a formula to calculate the actual power output if you have the 2 numbers. This is of course in a perfect environment with controlled circumstances. I didn't take enough physics to calculate in the friction modifiers

jsburkey21 said:
I diddnt read the whole thread cause i have too much shits to do. HOWEVER, measuring horsepower at the crank is like measuring your **** behind your balls.
Hahahahaha, now thats some funny stuff right there.

I dont think theres anyone here debating the fact that forced induction can get you there and have a useable powerband too. The discussion was about all these guys claiming 1000+ N/A Hp, generally that kind of N/A Hp comes at the expense of making any usable torque below say 5,000rpm or so. Seems to me these guys are building 1,000 hp capable engines but then installing cams and supporting componets that are better suited to climbing hills on 43"+ tires so theyre not 1,000 hp engines at all.

Theres no doubt that with enough money you can make as much HP as you want, but physics do limit whats possible N/A. If I'm wrong then we really need to get some details on these builds so we can all learn something. Anyone willing to post some cam specs on their 1,000+ hp N/A rockbouncer engine?

jsburkey21 said:
I think pro rock should have a DYNO day before or after a race. I think a TON of people would watch that and we could see who the real king of HP is.

I'd 100% be interested in watching all the buggies on a dyno day! Would really help sort out the innerwebs horsepressures and real world horsepressure numbers.

So what the heck we can't have a discussion with valid arguments posted up without having posts deleted? I thought Hardline needed more Tech? Sometimes people have differing opinions and thats what drives us to find the correct answer. Nobody learns anything new when we take a page out of the liberal playbook and only allow the side of the argument we like to be heard..... I guess I was mistaken I thought this was hardline Crawlers not CNN.

Don't reckon it matters how many horsepowers you say your have, or how many the clickbait artists decide to put in the title of a YouTube vid. If you aren't clearing the bounty hills out the top or on the podium then you might as well be in a Toyota

TBItoy said:
Don't reckon it matters how many horsepowers you say your have, or how many the clickbait artists decide to put in the title of a YouTube vid. If you aren't clearing the bounty hills out the top or on the podium then you might as well be in a Toyota

There's several Toyota's I'd rather have than a lot of these fake ass "bouncers" out there...

Re: Re: Can we talk about the 1,000 hp elephant in the room?

d_daffron said:
Pretty sure at this point its about like Redneckengineered's post.... DEAD.
Savage....

I toast thee...
5185223b643acc9d6042a24c24b1bab5.jpg

I can't believe how worried people with glorified dune buggys are worried about horsepower!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk