• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Chainsaw use on the trail?

Anytime anyone does any trail work on Forest Service Trails,where the 4X4 community and the trail system benifits. The work and the hours should be reported the the Forest Service District where the work was performed. These hours are important instruments when it comes time to apply for trail maint. grants. It's a Great Way to gain FS support for your group!! There are links on this website as to who and where to send such info.

I dont agree.
Your Federal Government does NOT want us to have access to our public land.
The less Politicians, Bureaucrats, Feds, State, any of them know about what I do, the better.

I dont agree.
Your Federal Government does NOT want us to have access to our public land.
The less Politicians, Bureaucrats, Feds, State, any of them know about what I do, the better.

What? So let me get this right, our goverment, spending millions on our public lands, does not want the public to go onto these lands which they are spending money on.:eeek::rolleyes:

And your saying that these volunteer hours do not provide funding for our public lands? When clearly, the amount of volunteer hours goes into an equation for how much a district recieves.:looser:

The Man is gonna get ya, ya better hide!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What? So let me get this right, our goverment, spending millions on our public lands, does not want the public to go onto these lands which they are spending money on.:eeek::rolleyes:

And your saying that these volunteer hours do not provide funding for our public lands? When clearly, the amount of volunteer hours goes into an equation for how much a district recieves.:looser:

The Man is gonna get ya, ya better hide!:rolleyes:

Yep, spending money to close roads, trails, make laws about what you cant do.
Instead of making some money like logging some forest fire burns, that the trees are only gonna rot and fall over.

Nice to know they are using volunteer hours, to pad their budget to get more money.

Doesn't matter. If they need more money, they will print it.

I always carry one, you never know. You guys are sounding like the greenies now. I've been hung up on stumps and needed to cut my way free. I've slid off trail into vine maples and cut my way out. I've also cut huge swaths of forest a 100' wide to form a fire break during a hellish fire in eastern Oregon. Not going to just cut down a tree for no good reason, but you guys are tip toeing around now like carrying one is BAD. It's just a chain saw you guys, it's OK.
i agree 100% do what ya got to do thats what we do we recently cut blow down for hours on hours