• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

check this buggy out

With that wheelbase, and just an overall feeling it looks likes a high speed buggy for some reason. I just dont get why people use Rockwells when Unimog stuff is available?

I watched a guy bust three of four outer axle shafts on his rockwells on the bloody FILTER of upper helldorado one year. You cant know how hard it was getting his butt off the filter when he was ONE wheelin it! Unimog 404 and especially 406 axles are ten times stronger than Rockwells. That AND you get portal action to boot.......

What do you guys think?

LWB Samurai Joe said:
With that wheelbase, and just an overall feeling it looks likes a high speed buggy for some reason. I just dont get why people use Rockwells when Unimog stuff is available?

I watched a guy bust three of four outer axle shafts on his rockwells on the bloody FILTER of upper helldorado one year. You cant know how hard it was getting his butt off the filter when he was ONE wheelin it! Unimog 404 and especially 406 axles are ten times stronger than Rockwells. That AND you get portal action to boot.......

What do you guys think?

rockwells are a dime a dozen back east. thats why so many people back east use them

LWB Samurai Joe said:

What do you guys think?

Cost to build the axles...
Whats a set of mogs cost to fully build? bout 10K?
Rockwells are done outta the box, upgrade the axleshafts and youre still cheaper than mogs. Plus mogs suck :redneck: damn portal boxes.. seen a couple brake on our trails... Ken Blume, BTF's Evil Bastard..

As for the A-pillar being a weak design, its been tried and tested.. with the windshield downbars the load is spread throughout the cowl and roofline...

Awesome builds from these guys fo' sho'
~Mo

Rokcrler said:
Cost to build the axles...
Whats a set of mogs cost to fully build? bout 10K?
Rockwells are done outta the box, upgrade the axleshafts and youre still cheaper than mogs. Plus mogs suck :redneck: damn portal boxes.. seen a couple brake on our trails...

Cool looking buggy. You may be correct about 404 mog axles, but step up to U1000's and I'll bet they cannot be broken. I have abused them more than most can imagine. I'm into them $4000 for the set and got a spare set for $1500

I wish i had a 7 leaf clover! Now thats a good find... but how often do deals like that come around.
Rocks cand be made to work on any coast.. but around here where were all broke and mogs are only dreams... rocks are the answer.. However, i love my D60s:cool: But do plan on building something with rocks... till you come up off the mogs crowding your shop :D

I'm just jealous of any "good" looking rig. :flipoff: I would rock that chassis all day long.......:cool:

any specs on it? so far it rockwell axels and a 502 and modified boggers are there anyother specs?

Well here's how I see it... The hugely raked back windshield and well... everything holding the roof up is real great chassis design, I'm not gonna say it will fail, I will just say it'll fold up like a $2 breifcase. I don't even see maybe a little X or triangle in the whole car, except the windshield tube's, yeah they make up for the poorly designed A-pillar, they will transfer the energy to the????? Dashbar, yeah that's real tough. Where's the blair witch or X behind the seat, what's with the straight foreward roof spreader's? I didn't notice a single corner gusset in the whole upper cage, that's a required item for any professional rockcrawl. Also, I'm not sure if he noticed... he ran the windshield tube's right through his field of vision that is already poor due to the gang member type seating arrangment, short windshield, and cadillac sized hood. The double tube rollbar thingy went out with toyota's and Chevy's in the early 90's. What's with the triangle tube thingy that appear's to be bolted the the intake plenum? Pretty much a huge lack of efficiency, it's like they threw extra tube at it, but they put it in the wrong place. Sure it's lot's of bend's and was probably hard as hell to build and is probably one of you're buddies, it still doesn't make it right.

I just puked in my mouth again:puke:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

darius said:
Well here's how I see it... The hugely raked back windshield and well... everything holding the roof up is real great chassis design, I'm not gonna say it will fail, I will just say it'll fold up like a $2 breifcase. I don't even see maybe a little X or triangle in the whole car, except the windshield tube's, yeah they make up for the poorly designed A-pillar, they will transfer the energy to the????? Dashbar, yeah that's real tough. Where's the blair witch or X behind the seat, what's with the straight foreward roof spreader's? I didn't notice a single corner gusset in the whole upper cage, that's a required item for any professional rockcrawl. Also, I'm not sure if he noticed... he ran the windshield tube's right through his field of vision that is already poor due to the gang member type seating arrangment, short windshield, and cadillac sized hood. The double tube rollbar thingy went out with toyota's and Chevy's in the early 90's. What's with the triangle tube thingy that appear's to be bolted the the intake plenum? Pretty much a huge lack of efficiency, it's like they threw extra tube at it, but they put it in the wrong place. Sure it's lot's of bend's and was probably hard as hell to build and is probably one of you're buddies, it still doesn't make it right.

I just puked in my mouth again:puke:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

wow impressive darius and for a sec i thought you were just the shop bitch.:flipoff:

let me start off by saying no i dont know the person that built this rig nor the person that owns it. i posted pics of it because it breaks away from the norm. to me most of the buggies out there look the same. same basic design same basic shape.

what gets me is how do you know whether or not it will hold up during a hard roll. thats right you dont. its just an assumption.

you also mentioned that it doesnt have gussets which are required for comps. this isnt a comp rig. its for wheeling:rolleyes: the rig works just fine the way it is. also remember that things are a lot different in the NW then they are in the south.

look outside the box big time buggy builder/helper:kiss:

btw be sure to brush your teeth so your girl doesnt taste the puke:flipoff: