• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

check this out!

Take a pic of her frame, drivers side, around the steering box mounting location. Odds are pretty good you'll find cracking there too.

And it's not that uncommon for both the steering boxes to tear out, break the frame, and / or break the springs. It's an older rig. Those springs have cycled a million times.

she pulled into the shop and told me it was leanin real bad, so i hop under there and am mostly looking at front springs and i glance back and whoa! looks like we're not driving that home today...

Ouch that doesnt look like fun! Have you purchased a steering box frame brace for it yet? If not i would invest in one otherwise you may find a cracked frame soon, K5's are prone to that around the steering box unfortuently

yeah i have fixed a framehorn on my old chevy. it was a big bitch kuz when i found out mine was bad it was too late. i just ordered up a reinforcer from ORD for my new truck so i didnt have to do that again.

i plane on redoing the crossmember and gusseting the frame when i make the change to crossover, i think it will make it till then... so now im thinking shackle flip and get rid of the death blocks that were on when we bought it.... maybe an anti-wrap bar and i think that will fix the problem