• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cherokee ignition

wallyworld

has any one ever changed the ignition switch in a 88ish cherokee?
I was driving back home from seattle and around mount vernon all my acc. shut off except engine, headlights, tail lights. no radio, wipers, heater, and blinkers. advice?

I would not think an ignition switch would cause this, unless all the items that quit are on one ignition switch circuit...does the vehicle still start?

yeah it still starts. for the last couple weeks it would do the same thing until I wiggled the key and turned it back and fourththen everything would turn back on, but the other day that didnt work.

New switch time. 3 screws holding it to the side of the steering column (above the brake pedal) Used to take me about 20 minutes, but I take the speaker cover off the bottom of the dash first. (getting too old for that stuff anymore)

New switch time. 3 screws holding it to the side of the steering column (above the brake pedal) Used to take me about 20 minutes, but I take the speaker cover off the bottom of the dash first. (getting too old for that stuff anymore)

Exactly. The actual key ignition wouldnt do this. Make sure that switch is adjusted properly too.