• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

cherry bomb glass pack...

Fattz

any body running them. i may need a smaller muffler to make room for the doubler that will be built here in a week or two. the flowmaster that i have now is definitely in the way and cant be rotated to make room without the risk of damage on rocks or stumps...

I had them before. Too loud for my tastes, but if you've got flowmasters now that are "broken in" then glass packs are about the same and much cheaper.

The problem with glasspacks is they arent legal to use int eh mountains. You need a chambered muffler as it acts like a spark arrestor. If you run a glasspack put a spark arrestor on the end of the pipe and you'll be fine.

You can get a tractor muffler that is the size of a glasspack but it is chambered internally. Best of both worlds and its pretty quiet too. :D

I just hate the sound of glass packs, you can either buy or make spark arrestors out of stainless steel mesh/screen that are NFSA legal if you must run them

I'm running a single 2.5 on the six in my Bronco(yeah it's a real fire breather) and like the way it sounds. Actually it's pretty quiet, I expected it to be louder. Although I did get the longest one I could.

There are a couple 'glass pack shape' mufflers out there that are the proper baffled type if space is that tight. There usually a "turbo" type so pretty quite and mellow.

You might still get hassled by the Forest Service cause they *look* like a glass pack, but toss the literature in the glove box and that will probably help.
________
Falcon

Last edited:
Well I run turbo styles on my ford not too loud but there small and fit almost anywhere!!! Also I think its flowmaster that now offers the blakc diamond plate mufflers designe for offroading! They can be mounted anyway and are extremely durable! A 5 pound sledge just bounces off for the most part:cool:

Anyways I'm sorry but cherry Bombs are so toyota things!!!! I swear every yota in duvall and carnation has loud ass bombers on them:puke:

any body running them. i may need a smaller muffler to make room for the doubler that will be built here in a week or two. the flowmaster that i have now is definitely in the way and cant be rotated to make room without the risk of damage on rocks or stumps...

Do you remember what the Beige Bomber sounded like? That's a cherry bomb on an RBV...

Do you remember what the Beige Bomber sounded like? That's a cherry bomb on an RBV...

naw!! i don't remember.

i just need something cheap and round. im pretty sure that the flowmaster diamond plate muffler aint in my price range. i may try a local tracktor shop and see what they have... thanks for all the help.

glass packs are cheap for a reason... they sound like ass

if you are really tight on room you can just run no muffler in the pipe, and put a supertrapp on the end, they are quiet, tunable, and USFS spark arrestor approved.

I run a 36" cherrybomb on my zuk, and you can't even hear it. Course, the Squirrels don't breathe that hard anyway:haha:

There are a couple 'glass pack shape' mufflers out there that are the proper baffled type if space is that tight. There usually a "turbo" type so pretty quite and mellow.

You might still get hassled by the Forest Service cause they *look* like a glass pack, but toss the literature in the glove box and that will probably help.

Why is it HASSLED by the Forest Service??? They are just doing their job. We all know there is a rule about GLASS PACKS and if the OP didn't he does now. So it isn't being hassled, it is being checked to insure that you are LEGAL. I don't see that as being hassled.